Hayes Cotton Acetate

• Replies 8
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

'I'll Be Waiting / Love Plays Funny Games' on on an 8" Audio Arts Inc. studio acetate.

Looking for an idea on value for this predominantly underrated little gem, please.

Your input would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks.. :thumbsup:

Fingers

Hello John :wave:

Hope you're keeping well me old mate? Remember you playing both sides at Move On some time back but can't remember if you played them from the Claire 45 or from the acetate you're asking about?

if its the same acetate as the one Michael Robinson had (or still has?) its a slightly different take. Back then I seem to remember it being advertised on here for sth like 3 - 500 UKP ?

That was an alternate version of 'Black Wings' Marc, it was me who sold it to Michael.

Social source share

Same take as the 45 or different?

If the same, then I'd say less, if different then it depends on the cut...

Thanks for your input Joe..

I'm pretty certain the takes are identical to the Claire 45, with the only difference being the word 'Baby' added to the front of the I'll Be Waiting side (hand written credits on both sides).

I appreciate there are two main ways of considering acetates, with different people taking one or t'other view - Metal acetates having a shorter 'shelf-life' or of it being a rarer format, with both views attracting different perspectives as to value.

My own perspective has always been the latter view..

Fingers

Social source share

[Hello John :wave:

Hope you're keeping well me old mate? Remember you playing both sides at Move On some time back but can't remember if you played them from the Claire 45 or from the acetate you're asking about?]

Hey up Adam.. Yes buddy, things finally turning around for me and looking a lot brighter than the past three years !! :)

I'll be contacting you soon matey.. :thumbsup:

In answer to your question - it was the acetate I played at Move On.

Social source share

Hey up Adam.. Yes buddy, things finally turning around for me and looking a lot brighter than the past three years !! :)

I'll be contacting you soon matey.. :thumbsup:

That's the best bit of news I've heard for ages John :thumbup: . Look forward to catching up :D

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!