Most Treasured Cd Compilations

5 at least starting with

Masterpieces of Modern Soul on Kent, just for track 8 its worth buying "Idris Muhammad - I'm A Believer"

Sound Of The Grapevine Vol.1, tracks 5 & 7 (The Masqueraders - How Big is Big, Choice of Colour - I'll Be Around :D )

Modern Soul livin for the weekend, La Douce,Irma Group, track 7 Cornelius Bros & Sister Rose -Big Time Lover :D , Brown Sugar - The Game Is Over track 4 :D

The Spirit Of Philadelphia, on Expansion - tracks 1 - 18 Superb

Creme De La Creme Two on Atco (philly Soul Masters) , Track 2 "Sister Sledge - Pain Reliever"

what are your favourite CD comps and which tracks do you like the most :yes:

Social source share

• Replies 4
  • Views 840
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I'm quite partial to these:

Cadillac Boppin Oldies V1

For Millionaires Only - all of them

Invictus Chartbusters

Joeboy Northern Soul Years v2

PS: why is your signature so long? :D

Edited by Soulgirl
Social source share

5 at least starting with

Masterpieces of Modern Soul on Kent, just for track 8 its worth buying "Idris Muhammad - I'm A Believer"

Sound Of The Grapevine Vol.1, tracks 5 & 7 (The Masqueraders - How Big is Big, Choice of Colour - I'll Be Around :D )

Modern Soul livin for the weekend, La Douce,Irma Group, track 7 Cornelius Bros & Sister Rose -Big Time Lover :D , Brown Sugar - The Game Is Over track 4 :D

The Spirit Of Philadelphia, on Expansion - tracks 1 - 18 Superb

Creme De La Creme Two on Atco (philly Soul Masters) , Track 2 "Sister Sledge - Pain Reliever"

what are your favourite CD comps and which tracks do you like the most :yes:

Cornelius Bros.outstanding track.

Certain the Idris Muhammaad track is the LP version (slightly longer cut).again outstanding record..even my missus likes that one.

I like to buy the CD's with the unreleased stuff . An ideal format when feeling lazy, but i always seem to dig another record out so never really listen to a compact from start to end.

Of the above(which i have) are very good compilations (not got them all) but also have a few US release "soul" cd's.

Edited by Brett
Social source share

The two I go back to time and time again are:-

"The essential Mellow Groove" Goldmine

"Crossover Soul" also on Goldmine

Both are from the early days of Comps before cynicism kicked in (ie a few good tracks and a lot of fillers)

Essential M G Ideal chill out cd.

X-over soul..Turner Bros "Lets Go Fishing" , Ella Woods, Side Show, Ultimates, Ty Karim. Etc Etc

PS anyone got Turner Bros for sale?

BH

Social source share

must say the most recent compliation I have is one done for Dave and I by Kenny Burell, it's all yellow labels (for the yellow label collectors club) and fooking brilliant

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!