1975 Book 'the Sound Of Philadelphia' By Tony Cummings Sold

Anybody want a copy of the rare book 'The Sound Of Philadelphia' (UK Methuen 0 413 34080 5) written by Tony Cummings, former Black Music magazine features writer.

Written in 1975 it's a fascinating insight into the musical history of Philadelphia starting with a detailed look at the roots of The Philly Sound. This authentic account comes direct from interviews with the producers, singers, & writers involved.

150 pages with no tears, rips or writing; littered with great black 'n' white photos; age worn and well read.

If this was a record I'd grade it VG+ - call it £10 for a quick sale. SAID BOOK IS NOW SOLD. Ta

Add £3 for UK postage or if you know me I'll bring it to a venue (aiming to go Lowton Friday 9th and Bradford EBU Saturday 10th December).

Paypal or cheque is fine.

onwards,

derek

post-1224-0-61815300-1323378810_thumb.jp post-1224-0-52437000-1323378882_thumb.jp

Edited by Derek Pearson
Social source share

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 4
  • Views 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

I was lucky enough to find a copy of this in a junk shop in Ealing 15 years ago , i have been offered a lot more than the £10 Derek is asking but will never sell it.

Fantastic book & highly recommended.

Edited by GARV
Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

I was lucky enough to find a copy of this in a junk shop in Ealing 15 years ago , i have been offered a lot more than the £10 Derek is asking but will never sell it.

Fantastic book & highly recommended.

same here picked it up along the way somehow somewhere who knows , recently rescued it from a mate who borrwed it two years ago and about to read it again

kev

Social source share

Ya rum bugger Pearson you sold me one for £30 10 yrs ago :g::P

Did I Ian are you sure?

But as you taught me a long time ago Mister Cunliffe there's nothing more rum than rum on a rum day.

I sold you the book and over the years you twisted my arm and forced me to buy Mel Williams Buddah issue, Bobby Wilburn Gamble issue and various others (list to be continued) I wasn't keen on - so that makes us just about even in my book (smile)....

See ya soon ya little rascal

derek x

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!