Bbe, Al Kent, And Getting My Friend Bob Williams Paid For His Work

Guest jordandance

Guest jordandance

Recently discovered the use of Bob's music on the Disco Love comp by Al Kent (BBE) in addition to a 12" issued by Kerri Chnadler on the Funky Chocolate series. Bob is basically living on very little income and was not even contacted (let alone paid) by either outfit. Any suggestions on how I go about this?

Social source share

• Replies 16
  • Views 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest Ivor Jones

I've heard the opposite but don't know firsthand so don't want to comment more.

And so have i.........Theres too much of this sort of thing going on im afraid.......Good luck with your quest

Edited by Ivor Jones
Social source share

Guest jordandance

it has also had a 12" 'issue' a year or so back, with a flipside not related to Bob.

Don't know if he knows about this? I seem to remember some French link tho maybe wrong.

I contacted Kerri Chandler as he was affiliated with the Funky Chocolate label and he forwarded me a to a guy named Maraud, the owner, in France. no replies from him yet too.

Social source share

Guest jordandance

CONTACTED! Contract is in the mail. bob's really happy. Here's a pic Bob gave me of the "I'm Alright Session" with JA star ET Webster and quite the JA soulster himslef, Stamma HAughton (who engineered the tune). You guys know Bob wrote "Night and Day" that the Chosen Few did eh?

post-23124-0-54266600-1323723526_thumb.j

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!