Sam E Solo - Enterprise

Premium Stuff

• Replies 7
  • Views 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I think that Bob Schwartz may have co-owned Ruby (as a subsidiary of Enterprise Records). Enterprise Records (according to Ron Murphy) was owned by a local Detroit businessman (maybe Joe Thomas?) (I forget his name). He owned Different Music, and also The Dynamic and Heart labels as well.

Social source share

Don't suppose that Bob Schwartz had any connection at all to Schwartz Brothers, the big indie record distributors out of Washington DC in the 60's/70's ?

This Washington based outfit was almost bought out by ABC Records in 1968 when that company was getting into the distributing game as well. But they survived that bid and went on to expand their territory into Philly (1971) and Baltimore (early in 1973 when they acquired General Distributing from Henry Nathanson).

Edited by Roburt
Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

Don't suppose that Bob Schwartz had any connection at all to Schwartz Brothers, the big indie record distributors out of Washington DC in the 60's/70's ?

This Washington based outfit was almost bought out by ABC Records in 1968 when that company was getting into the distributing game as well. But they survived that bid and went on to expand their territory into Philly (1971) and Baltimore (early in 1973 when they acquired General Distributing from Henry Nathanson).

I dobt it. Bob Schwartz was a Detroit guy. Schwartz is to German as Smith and Jones are to English. There are thousands of unrelated Schwartz families.

Social source share

Hi everyone

Looking for a scan of Sam E. Solo - Tears Keep Falling/Love Is Not A Game on Enterprise 5075 please.

Came out on Ruby and Imperial but also listed as on Enterprise (the Detroit one).

Cheers

Richard

Hi Richard

I spoke to Sam this evening and asked him if he knew about a Enterprise release of "Love Is Not A Game"

Unfortunately he didn't, but then again he didn't know about the Imperial release until I interviewed him last year :g:

Checkout the interview in the articles section :thumbsup:

Dave

Edited by Louise
Social source share

Hi Richard

I spoke to Sam this evening and asked him if he knew about a Enterprise release of "Love Is Not A Game"

Unfortunately he didn't, but then again he didn't know about the Imperial release until I interviewed him last year :g:

Checkout the interview in the articles section :thumbsup:

Dave

Thanks Dave - great stuff - much appreciated

Re-read your article too - excellent :thumbsup:

Cheers

Richard

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!