45cellar

Martha Reeves & The Vandellas - (Artist Of The Week)

180692822854.jpg

About 15 yrs ago she played a date in London , I was working nearby and took some albums along in the morning before the evening gig with a hope of getting them signed . Anyway went to the show , and afterwards went to collect my albums at the ticket desk , to which the the guy made a quick phone call and said " He's Here !!! "

Got shown down to her dressing room , and then preceeded to sit with her AND Edwin Starr drinking vodka and talking about my albums , I even got an accapella version of " You've Been In Love To Long " ( my favourtite track ) out of her !! a truly great lady :thumbsup:

Edited by 123-motown

Heartless. Love this tune, needs some turntable action.

Great shout with Heartless,play it out on occasion,sounds fantastic through a big system.

Try this for size...original ARP (American Record Pressing Co, in Michigan) vinyl test pressing for Motown...machine stamped..."Show Me The Way" / "Honey Chile"...no US demo for SMTW, so this is the only way for you US WD fans to own this track :thumbup:  (currently on my sales list for a mere £200! :thumbsup: )

post-9555-0-78680400-1407337360_thumb.jp

Comment now!

Comments are members only

Join Soul Source - Free & easy!

Sign in

Sign in here.

Sign in now!

Related Soul Music Links

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.