Martha Reeves & The Vandellas - (Artist Of The Week)

45cellar

180692822854.jpg

About 15 yrs ago she played a date in London , I was working nearby and took some albums along in the morning before the evening gig with a hope of getting them signed . Anyway went to the show , and afterwards went to collect my albums at the ticket desk , to which the the guy made a quick phone call and said " He's Here !!! "

Got shown down to her dressing room , and then preceeded to sit with her AND Edwin Starr drinking vodka and talking about my albums , I even got an accapella version of " You've Been In Love To Long " ( my favourtite track ) out of her !! a truly great lady :thumbsup:

Edited by 123-motown
  • Up vote 1
  • Helpful 2
Social source share

Heartless. Love this tune, needs some turntable action.

Great shout with Heartless,play it out on occasion,sounds fantastic through a big system.

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

Try this for size...original ARP (American Record Pressing Co, in Michigan) vinyl test pressing for Motown...machine stamped..."Show Me The Way" / "Honey Chile"...no US demo for SMTW, so this is the only way for you US WD fans to own this track :thumbup:  (currently on my sales list for a mere £200! :thumbsup: )

post-9555-0-78680400-1407337360_thumb.jp

• Helpful 1
Social source share

• 4 years later...

I am sure that everyone will agree that there has been so, so many great recordings from Motown over the best period of soul music, I must have heard them all, but my favourite backing vocals, and lead, will always be.. jimmy mack, I never get tired of hearing it, I guess, because it was such a commercial best seller that it gets overlooked? just my opinion

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!