The Story Of Trojan Records

Agentsmith

new cd release or rehash?..., sure pete smith will answer this. just seen article/write-up in mail on sunday, its a 5-cd box set featuring i imagine, everything from 1968 - 1974. 123 tracks including all the familiar luminaries and their not so successful counterparts plus, 12 tracks on a free download. i guess our generation grew up with this in our formative years and have a fondness at heart for what represents a popular and alternative form of music that is just as easy to dance to. its priced at £34.99 but obviously, the chances are we may be able to get it discounted on line. dosnt state in their review as to wether it carries a compendium but with a legendary label like this, it ought to be the size of a hardback novel!

Social source share

• Replies 4
  • Views 835
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

It's pretty poor stuff Rob, first you get the usual hits and near hits, the really well known stuff, and they've tried to pad it out with lesser known stuff and rarities, unfortunately the quality control has gone out of the window and I would say out of 30 or 40 tracks new to me, I saved maybe 4 of them.

Depends how well you know your reggae I suppose. I found it terribly disappointing.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

It's pretty poor stuff Rob, first you get the usual hits and near hits, the really well known stuff, and they've tried to pad it out with lesser known stuff and rarities, unfortunately the quality control has gone out of the window and I would say out of 30 or 40 tracks new to me, I saved maybe 4 of them.

Depends how well you know your reggae I suppose. I found it terribly disappointing.

pete, your opinion is always valued mate, looked like a potential chrissmus prezzie but think thats on the back burner... :unsure:

Social source share

got mine direct from trojan about 6 weeks ago £26 or thereabouts if i remember right, as for the quality of the music i agree totally with what pete s says above ,a pretty dissapointing package,

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!