Soul Memorabilia

Geeselad

Just been reading a piece about Solomon Burke's infamous popcorn consession at the Apollo, and was interested to hear that it was common practice for soul artists to sell there own merchandise at gigs; hats, posters, photos and the like. He also had preprinted popcorn boxes with his name on them! does anyone own or have they ever seen such items of interesting memorbila.

Social source share

• Replies 2
  • Views 908
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Did a google search and nothing interesting came up! Wasn't there a thread on here though about Man of My Word being sold at Salt n Pepper gigs. That would be a nice bit of memorabilia to own although I'd probably sell it coz I'm not really in love with the tune. I wonder whether Brothers of Soul had any merchandising at their recent gig? When James Burton ( Elvis' guitarist ) played down the 100 Club a few years ago he was punting out laser print pics of him and Elvis which he'd sign for you with a personalised message for £5, if I remember correctly. It's a great little earner. Mind you, he probably got a few tips off Colonel Tom Parker, the master merchandiser.

Edited by autumnstoned
Social source share

most

Did a google search and nothing interesting came up! Wasn't there a thread on here though about Man of My Word being sold at Salt n Pepper gigs. That would be a nice bit of memorabilia to own although I'd probably sell it coz I'm not really in love with the tune. I wonder whether Brothers of Soul had any merchandising at their recent gig? When James Burton ( Elvis' guitarist ) played down the 100 Club a few years ago he was punting out laser print pics of him and Elvis which he'd sign for you with a personalised message for £5, if I remember correctly. It's a great little earner. Mind you, he probably got a few tips off Colonel Tom Parker, the master merchandiser.

Thanks for that, I suppose the highly disposable nature of this stuff makes it unlikely much has survived, hence the lack of response.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!