Business Before Pleasure (Stang)

Guest jkw

B.B.P. I'm in the prime of love (Stang)

anyone know anything about this record? More importantly as I'm miles away from a deck anyone got a clip?

-John

Edited by jkw
Social source share

• Replies 15
  • Views 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

It's the last record on the label so it's hard to find. It's expensive and indemand so it's probably on youtube. Once I was a record store in the 90s and they had like 3 copies and I passed on them, now I need it to complete my stang collection...

Thanks Boba - just found their MySpace page, is it Ila Vann on vocals?

Social source share

Don't know anything about the group, never saw that page before. It's pretty cool actually.

Bob, as Steve G says, it's a young 17 yr old Melissa Morgan. Ila Vann does a take on it but I don't think this came out at all. The BBP version never got released either, but it did come out on a demo.

Jordi

Social source share

Just like Jakki on Vibration another one that was promo'd but the All Plat labels went bust so no issues.

BBP also on facebook by the way.

What is the number on the Jakki? Is it any good? I guess I might even have it, I have to check.

Some of the earlier titles are much harder than these titles, and some almost always show up with a single side and a blank side and it's even harder to find them with the flip. The other day I got the val martin with the flip and it was clear that the flip was a totally different singer and that they just stuck some filler on the flip.

Social source share

What is the number on the Jakki? Is it any good? I guess I might even have it, I have to check.

Some of the earlier titles are much harder than these titles, and some almost always show up with a single side and a blank side and it's even harder to find them with the flip. The other day I got the val martin with the flip and it was clear that the flip was a totally different singer and that they just stuck some filler on the flip.

Bob, I saw a one sided Stang by Mother of Three on ebay a couple of days back, I'd never heard of this. Do you know it? is it good?

Jordi

Social source share

I saw a one sided Stang by Mother of Three on ebay a couple of days back, I'd never heard of this. Do you know it? is it good?

I saw that one as well, have never heard it. Was listed as "Folk Rock Viet Nam Protest 45" and with the comment "Vicious anti-war song" so perhaps not of soul interest? :g:

Social source share

Bob, I saw a one sided Stang by Mother of Three on ebay a couple of days back, I'd never heard of this. Do you know it? is it good?

Jordi

Jordi

Mother of 3 no good I am afraid. In collecting these labels I would have to say Jakki was probably the hardest. I know of only 2-3 copies.

Social source share

Jordi

I bought the mother of 3 (I already had a copy I paid $100 for!) just to trade for any other rare label numbers on stang (or other random labels I collect). It's not really folk, just a crappy soft rock song about vietnam.

Social source share

Jordi

Mother of 3 no good I am afraid. In collecting these labels I would have to say Jakki was probably the hardest. I know of only 2-3 copies.

I think there are way harder numbers probably, lots of unknown things, things that are only known with the a-side, etc. I have the johnny acey on stang, it looks much more like a test press than the mother of 3, it has a weird font. We three ltd on astroscope is super hard and killer, ady pierce has one up now (but only VG).

Social source share

Jordi

so I got the mother of 3 in the mail, went to check if it was cleaner than my existing copy, and they were different. one had a typewritten label and the one i just got had a label in the regular stang font ... man that label was ghetto

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert