Favourite Label - Aesthetically Speaking

dob

• Replies 81
  • Views 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Always liked white & red General American ala Velvet Satins, think it's the swirl on the turntable that does it, same applies to British Spark.

Love Blue Cat, Impact, Mel Brit's Fip ain't bad, like M-S (Eddie Hill) Stateside has something classy about it, especially demos.

My favourite has to be Soul Hawk, got a Jimmy Soul Clark 'winner' on that & would rather look at it than play it.

Cheers

Aid.

Social source share

This does it for me.....the Rika is the most striking but alas, ain't got one!

Could some kind Soulie post a mint Tommy Bush so I can have it as a screen saver!!!

post-26143-0-31209900-1323882674_thumb.j

Edited by redkiteimaging
Social source share

Has to be that one for me:

post-9819-0-75373200-1323880057_thumb.jp

spot on..

may not be considered as exotic as some, but there is something bout Pink Decca demos. Other than that Old Town Demos just have that I want factor... Cap City on Pat Johnson is really nice, and I think Johnny Barnes has a slight label design change as well, which is magnetic!!!

USA records, what can you say, sound stage 7 black issues, Red Coach, Kapp Demos, maurci for the pink / white issues, and Musette..

MAL.C

Edited by Mal.C.
Social source share

Guest Perception

I like the Magic City blue issues with the Magic City in Multi-coloured writing. Like Thelma Lindsey, Bonnie Brisker and Cynthia/Imaginations.

Social source share

The Tower label as per the design of 'World Column' (Issue or demo) immediately springs to mind for me!

Think it has something to do with looking down from the balcony at Wigan and seeing it spinning round on the deck and totally mesmerising me!

Corny I know but there are certain things that stick in your mind and that's one of those for me :wub:

I've hundreds more which I'm sure will come to mind very soon but that was the first!

Social source share

Guest allnightandy

The Tower label as per the design of 'World Column' (Issue or demo) immediately springs to mind for me!

Think it has something to do with looking down from the balcony at Wigan and seeing it spinning round on the deck and totally mesmerising me!

Corny I know but there are certain things that stick in your mind and that's one of those for me :wub:

I've hundreds more which I'm sure will come to mind very soon but that was the first!

Yep does it for me too !

https://www.popsike.c...70470069555.j

Also these Okeh Demo's as i have about 270 of them

https://.co.uk/images/large/LARRY%20WILLIAMS%20AND%20JOHNNY%20WATSON%20%20TOO%20LATE%20OKEH%20WD%20011%20%20LARGE.jpg

Edited by allnightandy
Social source share

the ex-wife liked a cockatoo :shhh:

reminds me of the old prefix.... any

Living my life as a ' boy named sue ', Nicol Peacock, nicole papa etc, when we found out that my wife was pregnant the name options Drew and Henrietta went out the window...... :tumbleweed3:

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Guest allnightandy

Slightly off topic

but where are you getting your lable scans from ?

i used to use anorak i even had it bookmarked but now it's gone ,

unless he has set up under another site name ?

Thanks andy

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!