Favourite Label - Aesthetically Speaking

dob

I can dig loads of opinions on this thread, black rca's, red and white's, mar v lus ( one der ful is tasty too) but personally I've always been a sucker for labels with photo's of the act on them, ala, maskman and the agents, and the lovelites release to name but too. I started collecting a canadian house label on this basis, loads had black and white photos of the act on em, and had to get the lot! sad man that I am.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

• Replies 81
  • Views 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Slightly off topic

but where are you getting your lable scans from ?

i used to use anorak i even had it bookmarked but now it's gone ,

unless he has set up under another site name ?

Thanks andy

I just googled the label, click on images, convert the image to a jpeg, and There you go.Upload.Nick.

Social source share

Coming from the jazz end of town, I always loved the jazz label Prestige.

I'm not sure if you know the logo, but its like a crossroads sign.

You know that time in your life when you think, I know, and I am going to run my own night,

playing my own amazing taste in music, supported by my dj friends.

=

I screenprinted t shirts,flyposted and put out thousands of flyers.

The icing on the cake was a 'friend' giving me a brotherly hug, telling me to keep the faith,

after wrapping my banner, which I had sceenprinted myself, about 25 metres, around himself, to steal it.

The night folded after about three weeks.

Edited by nickp
Social source share

I can dig loads of opinions on this thread, black rca's, red and white's, mar v lus ( one der ful is tasty too) but personally I've always been a sucker for labels with photo's of the act on them, ala, maskman and the agents, and the lovelites release to name but too. I started collecting a canadian house label on this basis, loads had black and white photos of the act on em, and had to get the lot! sad man that I am.

james brown was the king of this

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert