ashleysoul

HOW MUCH? Luther Ingram - If It's All The Same To You

There is a cheaper release, still on HIB but an Atco release, not 100% sure of the ins & outs of it but it is legit. I paid £25 for an Atco release (orange HIB) but that's about 15 years back!

I released this on HIB replica seven-inch by arrangement with Robert Bateman this year.

Stock copies are black vinyl and dinked @ £10

There's also a limited edition run of 150 multi coloured vinyl and solid centre @ £20

Remastered and sound amazing!

If anyone wants a copy please PM me.

All The Best,

Neil

sold the orange ATCO rel for a mere 50 ukp about 7-8 years ago, the green one crops up quite regulary on ebay...maybe250 if you catch a lucky moment. white HIB seems to be the most exclusive rel. probably 350 - 400 ukp indeed.

I had one of those early orange Atco jobs ('Wylia' rather than Wylie spelling as writing credit I think from memory) - they do actually look nice, feel just right, proper solid vinyl if you know what I mean, and legit so poor man's respectable version! - but as anyone knows who have contributed to the previous lengthy threads on the versions / boots of this etc, this a total minefield to sort out generally.

Think I sold mine for around 40 a year or so ago.

Edited by mark w.

Think it was early 70's (72-73ish?), to meet UK interest, but to avoid this thread regurgitating what has gone before, best post up a link to the previous ones - will do later if nobody else can meantime, but at work now

Time to wheel out my old multi-coloured copy :D

225017_19917826824_519276824_432560_7100_n.jpg

I had one of those early orange Atco jobs ('Wylia' rather than Wylie spelling as writing credit I think from memory) - they do actually look nice, feel just right, proper solid vinyl if you know what I mean, and legit so poor man's respectable version! - but as anyone knows who have contributed to the previous lengthy threads on the versions / boots of this etc, this a total minefield to sort out generally.

Think I sold mine for around 40 a year or so ago.

The Atco connection came when Robert Batemam found he had a mini hit with "If It's All The Same To You Babe" in St. Louis where Luther Ingram had a big folowing. Robert got concerned about monies he would have to lay out when the local distributor asked for more copies, and the distributor said he would "have a talk with someone". That someone was Jerry Wexler at Atlantic, and he did a deal with Robert to distribute the record nationally in the USA via Atco.

Comment now!

Comments are members only

Join Soul Source - Free & easy!

Sign in

Sign in here.

Sign in now!

Related Soul Music Links

• 1 posts
    • 159 reads
    • PhilT
    • 02 May 2018
    • 2 posts
    • 226 reads
    • hammie
    • 27 Mar 2018
    • 4 posts
    • 203 reads
    • BadSamba
    • 24 Mar 2018
    • 3 posts
    • 318 reads
    • Steve S 60
    • 20 Mar 2018
    • 30 posts
    • 3785 reads
    • speedlimit
    • 08 Mar 2018
    • 1 posts
    • 317 reads
    • selecta61
    • 06 Mar 2018
    • 1 posts
    • 171 reads
    • PhilT
    • 24 Feb 2018

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.