ashleysoul

• Replies 21
  • Views 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

I released this on HIB replica seven-inch by arrangement with Robert Bateman this year.

Stock copies are black vinyl and dinked @ £10

There's also a limited edition run of 150 multi coloured vinyl and solid centre @ £20

Remastered and sound amazing!

If anyone wants a copy please PM me.

All The Best,

Neil

Social source share

I had one of those early orange Atco jobs ('Wylia' rather than Wylie spelling as writing credit I think from memory) - they do actually look nice, feel just right, proper solid vinyl if you know what I mean, and legit so poor man's respectable version! - but as anyone knows who have contributed to the previous lengthy threads on the versions / boots of this etc, this a total minefield to sort out generally.

Think I sold mine for around 40 a year or so ago.

Edited by mark w.
Social source share

I had one of those early orange Atco jobs ('Wylia' rather than Wylie spelling as writing credit I think from memory) - they do actually look nice, feel just right, proper solid vinyl if you know what I mean, and legit so poor man's respectable version! - but as anyone knows who have contributed to the previous lengthy threads on the versions / boots of this etc, this a total minefield to sort out generally.

Think I sold mine for around 40 a year or so ago.

Social source share

The Atco connection came when Robert Batemam found he had a mini hit with "If It's All The Same To You Babe" in St. Louis where Luther Ingram had a big folowing. Robert got concerned about monies he would have to lay out when the local distributor asked for more copies, and the distributor said he would "have a talk with someone". That someone was Jerry Wexler at Atlantic, and he did a deal with Robert to distribute the record nationally in the USA via Atco.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!