45cellar

• Replies 34
  • Views 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

The Debonaires - How's your new love treating you.

Picked up a lovely condition copy of this at a record bar earlier this year. Hadn't heard it before and blew me away on first listen. Still does now many more plays later. There is SO much amazing affordable soul out there...a fair bit of it on this great label I imagine.

Social source share

post-4019-0-31729800-1324287589_thumb.jppost-4019-0-11501700-1324287609_thumb.jppost-4019-0-31633200-1324287636_thumb.jp

Patti Gilson Don't you tell a lie, Great dancer and i would presume quite rare as it took me a while to aquire it.

I have all the Ed Wingate 2nd series except Dickie and the Ebbtides,just let me know if anyone would like a scan of them on this post as it would take a fair while to put them all up.

atb,Geoff.

Social source share

I have had a copy of this for quite some time. I love it, and I don't play it out as often as I should. You can still find this record at a bargain price.

Some copies that I have seen credit the production to "Popcorn" Wylie instead of Rob Reeco. Is there any difference in the mix?

Not sure if the mix is different - suspect not but then I have never compared the two. Think it's just label credits.

'Baby Boy' also done by Ja Neen Henry on Blue Rock - reputedly Andrea (Ja Neen) Henry.

That one is produced by Andre Williams and arranged by Dale Warren

Cheers

Richard

Social source share

post-4019-0-31729800-1324287589_thumb.jppost-4019-0-11501700-1324287609_thumb.jppost-4019-0-31633200-1324287636_thumb.jp

Patti Gilson Don't you tell a lie, Great dancer and i would presume quite rare as it took me a while to aquire it.

I have all the Ed Wingate 2nd series except Dickie and the Ebbtides,just let me know if anyone would like a scan of them on this post as it would take a fair while to put them all up.

atb,Geoff.

I must say Geoff, that's the first time I've seen a Patti Gilson......scan or otherwise.....nice one!

Social source share

dickey and the ebb tides....................rare but not good

Yes mate - not good at all for the Northern crowd - but of interest to those who listen to a different genre I suppose.

Was considered good enough to get released on two labels - as it was also on Fleetwood. Strangely on that one titled 'One Girl, One Boy' - which is reverse to the Golden World release :g:

Here's my copy on GW which is one of the few I know about and which some may recognise by the label writing as it has been scanned/posted previously - although has been in my possession for a while now.

Yes, truly a record for the Northern/Soul completist :yes:

Cheers

Richard

post-12286-0-50197700-1324602610_thumb.j

Social source share

Yes mate - not good at all for the Northern crowd - but of interest to those who listen to a different genre I suppose.

Was considered good enough to get released on two labels - as it was also on Fleetwood. Strangely on that one titled 'One Girl, One Boy' - which is reverse to the Golden World release :g:

Here's my copy on GW which is one of the few I know about and which some may recognise by the label writing as it has been scanned/posted previously - although has been in my possession for a while now.

Cheers

Richard

Brill,Wish i could find one "cheap".

atb,Geoff.

Social source share

Guest gordon russell

Cheers

Richard

Yep.........that looks better than it sounds.........friend of mine once had all the golden worlds...except dickie.......not sure if thats good or bad :lol:

Social source share

Cheers

Richard

It was a Boston group, leased from Fleetwood by Ed Wingate. Not sure what he was thinking. He didn't have the connections to market that on the "bubblegum stations". I guess that the same crowd that bought "Sugar, Sugar" by The Archies might have bought it. But Golden World wasn't going to market it to the right places. I guess it was just another tax write-off, taking the industry standard record production/marketing rate, and putting virtually no money into it, just as he did for his C&W release on his C&W label.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert