Tomangoes Band Info Please

Posted

Dusty Wilson who's real name is Claude Williams, the writer sang lead. It was recorded in Jan 1968.

Source: Our interview 8 weeks ago on Richard and Kev's Soul Connection on Smooth 70s(DAB)

soul source url
Social source share
  • Replies 54
  • Views 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

thanks, I think me being a smartass offends some people and that's not my intention in general. have a good holiday.

For me The Tomangoe's ticks every box I can think of that every northern record should have. It's as good as it gets. Roll this idea around in your head for a bit - &#

The UK based guy spells his name Geno Washington. George 'Gino' Washington, owner of Atac, Washpan & Perfecto amongst others is from Detroit.   Had several stories on The Tamango

Posted

Dusty Wilson who's real name is Claude Williams, the writer sang lead. It was recorded in Jan 1968.

Source: Our interview 8 weeks ago on Richard and Kev's Soul Connection on Smooth 70s(DAB)

That clears that up

soul source url
Social source share
  • 6 years later...
Posted

Apologies for resurrecting an old thread, but I was googling the Tomangoes to try to find out who the bass player was & I arrived here.

I Really Love You is one of my favourite bass lines to play & I really wanted to give the player the credit they deserve. Any ideas how I could find out?

soul source url
Social source share
Posted

As far as I know Claude Williams (Dusty) was the lead singer of the Tomangoe's. Dusty Wilson is a different person altogether, with songs on Mutt and Zebra 

soul source url
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Log back in to Soul Source now!
  1. Tal Armstrong, Nolan Porter, Tomangoes More
    Sale Websites by on Mon 27 Aug 2007
    • 6 / 603
    • on 10 Sep 2007
  2. Tomangoes
    Record Wants by tonytone on Sat 04 Nov 2006
    • 2 / 730
    • MarkWhiteley on 04 Nov 2006
  3. Tomangoes On Ebay
    Look At Your Box by Andy BB on Fri 18 Mar 2005
    • 3 / 2167
    • Pottsy on 18 Mar 2005
  4. The Tomangoes - 70's Reissue Signed By Dusty Williams
    Record Sales by Mark Bicknell on Fri 14 Aug 2020
    • 1 / 702
    • Mark Bicknell on 14 Aug 2020
  5. Len Jewel,tomangoes ,buster And Eddie.2nd Issues .
    Record Sales by ianmack on Sun 26 Feb 2017
    • 3 / 1245
    • ianmack on 28 Feb 2017