Stax/volt The Best Of The Companies Xover And Northern Soul Releases

Mick Sway

Stax/Volt the best of the Companies Xover and Northern Soul Releases:

Though I guess someone must have done this before, having recently developed an infatuation with the old Kent "Crossover" and "Let's crossover again" CD's,I hoped to garner some interest from the forum, in opening our eyes and ears to more great tracks from this Company's stable of labels.

It's a bit of a disappointment that Volume 3 in this series never materialised, perhaps due to Kent loosing the licensing arrangement?

So if you've got a Stax stable crossover or northern track you think is the DB's, please share it here:

Kicking off with:

Charlene & The Soul Serenaders Volt 0052:

• Helpful 1
Social source share

• Replies 131
  • Views 9.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Mad Lads-You mean so much to me

John Gary Williams-in love with you

Charmels-Please uncle sam

Wendy Rene-After laughter

Deannie Parker-each step I take

Fabulous Youtube.video sequencing for the great Deannie Parker track.

Quality tunes of any type are welcome, I just wanted to avoid the obvious commercial hits.

Another take on the Fantastic City of Fools arrangement

Proud As Punch-If You Look Into My Eyes Stax-0081:

Thanks for contributing.

Mick

Social source share

Fabulous Youtube.video sequencing for the great Deannie Parker track.

Quality tunes of any type are welcome, I just wanted to avoid the obvious commercial hits.

Another take on the Fantastic City of Fools arrangement

Proud As Punch-If You Look Into My Eyes Stax-0081:

Thanks for contributing.

Mick

thanks Mick

Social source share

Guest gordon russell

Stax/Volt the best of the Companies Xover and Northern Soul Releases:

Though I guess someone must have done this before, having recently developed an infatuation with the old Kent "Crossover" and "Let's crossover again" CD's,I hoped to garner some interest from the forum, in opening our eyes and ears to more great tracks from this Company's stable of labels.

It's a bit of a disappointment that Volume 3 in this series never materialised, perhaps due to Kent loosing the licensing arrangement?

So if you've got a Stax stable crossover or northern track you think is the DB's, please share it here:

Kicking off with:

Charlene & The Soul Serenaders Volt 0052:

"you can win" only came out on the b side of the issue and of course on paradox

Social source share

Dramatics - Your Love Was Strange (Volt)

This YouTube clip should be the rarer first release #4029 on the blue label from 1969

The others on there seem to be the second 1972 orange label release #4082

Cheers

Richard

Richard, I really like the the flip side of one of the releases of Your love was strange, Since I've been in love

Ronnie

Social source share

Happy - William Bell

Soothe me - Sam and Dave (Live recording made in London Stax/Volt tour circa '66) BRILLIANT !!!!!!!!!!!.

Bring your love back to me - Lynda Lyndell

(HOW do you do Label scans?, if I knew I'd put scans up :yes: )

Social source share

Happy - William Bell

Soothe me - Sam and Dave (Live recording made in London Stax/Volt tour circa '66) BRILLIANT !!!!!!!!!!!.

Bring your love back to me - Lynda Lyndell

(HOW do you do Label scans?, if I knew I'd put scans up :yes: )

do you have a scanner hooked up to your computer? if so just put the record on the scanner and scan it. If not, then you can't do label scans (you can take a pic from most camera phones and send to your computer though).

Social source share

Cheers Boba I have scanner hooked up but I always seem to have a prob trying to put anything onto the site, eg look at the lousy scan of the Torch badge :(

Edited by DanDare
Social source share

Cheers Boba I have scanner hooked up but I always seem to have a prob trying to put anything onto the site, eg look at the lousy scan of the Torch badge :(

does it look good in the image file on your computer before you upload it, or does it already look bad there?

Social source share

Great topic this!

I agree, Collete kelly is superb!

You gotta have Eddie Floyd "Bring it on home to me" Stax Truely awesome imho

The Astors "More power to you" Stax

Mel and Tim "Forever and a day" Stax

Major Lance "Since i lost my babys love" Volt

Kim Westin "Little by little bit by bit" Volt

Emotions "Stealing love" Volt

Atb

Clint

Social source share

Here are three crackers in my book....THE EMOTIONS 'Stealing love'...THE DRAMATICS 'Since I've been in love'...and MARGIE JOSEPH 'One more chance'....

Edited by rich chorley
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Remember when Time is Right had about 6 of the LP's on shelves, similar but not the same,, IMO, backing as Jackie Beavers, but great song in its own right. Its Carla Thomas - I Play For Keeps

And the master, blighted by similarity to Marvin, rather than appreciated in his own right, by the masses but not the Soul Boys of the North in the early 70's, I believe. So many on this label of this ilk, criminally ignored. Its JJ Barnes Snowflakes

I really do hate You Tube! Cant get the embed code to work

Edited by jocko
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!