A Few 45S - The Exciters, Pat & The Blenders, Howard Lemon+

Guest Eridu

LPs are graded cover/vinyl. 45s have a grade for vinyl and description of labels.

Grades I use are: NM, EX, VG+, VG, VG- and I try to grade conservatively.

Shipping cost is £3 for 45s, £9 for LPs. I'm located in the US.

PM if interested.

£110~~The Exciters- 'Say Yeah' b/w 'The Bag' (Loyola) Solid VG+ (Plays great, only has some light surface marks) Owners name written on label as well as a small sticker on the label with the name of the shop in Panama where it was sold.

Rare Panamanian soul/funk doublesider. This appears to be a rarer (earlier) white and red label variant, perhaps a Panamanian press (all the copies that show up on Popsike are Costa Rican pressings)

£20~~The Mayberry Movement - 'I Think I'm In Love' (Event) VG+ (Clean aside from tiny mark at the very end of the songs on both sides which causes a few pops as the songs fade out) Slight water damage to the label on the B side.

£30 Pat & The Blenders- 'They Call Me Candy Man' b/w 'Don't Say You Love Me' (Gamble) VG+ (surface scuff on A side but plays great.) Labels clean.

'The Call Me Candy Man' is the rare track here. Promo copies have Mono/Stereo versions of 'Don't Say You Love Me'.

£20 Carstairs- 'He Who Picks a Rose' (Okeh Demo) A-side VG+/B-side VG (Light surface scuffs; 'He Who Picks a Rose' plays great with no issues. B side ('Yesterday') has a small scratch which produces some light noise) Clean Labels.

£15 The Citations- 'Down Went the Curtain' b/w That Girl of Mine (MGM Demo) VG+

£25 The Howard Lemon Singers- 'Seasons' LP (Gospel Roots) VG+/VG+ (Cover has a bit of wear at corners, two small pieces of clear tape at top and bottom sleeve openings but no seam splits)

Excellent modern/gospel LP including two solid modern soul tracks.

£15 Jackie Wilson- 'Beautiful Day' LP (Brunswick) Sealed

Includes 'Because of You'. Small piece of shrink missing from top right corner.

£25 Brooksi -'This Love' b/w 'This Love (instrumental)' (Black Rose Music) VG- (a warp causes a 'whoosh' sound on the lead in grooves of the B side, but doesn't affect the song. Plays through with no skips at a light stylus weight. Some scratches/marks cause some noise on the intro of the A side, but resolve after thirty seconds or so.) Initials written in marker on label; original pic sleeve in VG- condition due to creases.

Obscure Jamaican modern version of this sweet soul classic. Bargain? Listen to clips (not mine) here:

https://www.ebay.co.u...em=390373464797

Thanks!

Edited by Eridu
Social source share

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 3
  • Views 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

It's a white label. I recall seeing a copy on gemm listed as a black label with a different flip some years back, but I've never seen one in person.

Edited by Eridu
Social source share

It's a white label. I recall seeing a copy on gemm listed as a black label with a different flip some years back, but I've never seen one in person.

thanks, someone else mentioned this gemm item to me too. now for years I'll be wondering if it was a mistake on gemm or if a real different record exists.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert