Artist Info Please - Roy "cortez" Butler (Boo)

Premium Stuff

• Replies 14
  • Views 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Hi Richard.He recorded "A dream" / inst ,on Boo 1002 (name mispelt as Bulter).Written by Bridges,Knight,Eaton.Came out on a flesh colored and purple-ish label.

Also he recorded "Mary's house" / pt2, on Boo.I'm after one of these. :thumbsup:

https://soulfuldetroi...-shirma%20A.htm

Cheers Kev - thanks very much for the info :thumbsup:

I have the Roy "Cortez" Butler - 'A Dream' on the familiar red labelled Boo on styrene with correct credits. The flesh-coloured labelled release is on vinyl and is miss-spelled Bulter as you said.

Also have 'Mary's House' which again on the usual red-labelled styrene copy - but no spare I'm afraid mate

Cheers

Richard

Social source share

I have the Roy "Cortez" Butler - 'A Dream' on the familiar red labelled Boo on styrene with correct credits. The flesh-coloured labelled release is on vinyl and is miss-spelled Bulter as you said.

Also have 'Mary's House' which again on the usual red-labelled styrene copy - but no spare I'm afraid mate

Cheers

Richard

That recording using the same backing track as The Creations' (Bridges/Knight/Eaton's) "A Dream" on Zodiac Records.

Social source share

Cheers

Richard

In my experience, Butler's "a dream" shows up on a cream colored boo label (same design) more often than the red. Sorry I have no artist info for you.

Social source share

• 1 year later...

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!