Soulsource Record Club Record Of The Day 2012

dthedrug

Great underplayed B side from me today,this never gets the plays it deserves..........makes it a top class double-sider.

Shirley Wahls-That's How Long King

Cheers

Martyn

Class 45 and definitely underplayed, nice one Martyn! :thumbup:

Edited by MrC
Social source share

Guest allnightandy

Nearly forgot today This one from me she has to be the best condition GILF on the planet Stunning !

and she can still sing WoW !

• Helpful 1
Social source share

As Yvonne seemed to go down quite well the other day I thought I'd post something similar & just as good imo.

After finding this on You Tube the comments to this clip says that Amanda Love is still performing in Jackson Mississippi under her real name Amanda Bradley.

Amanda Love - You Keep Calling Me By Her Name Starville

Cheers

Martyn

• Helpful 1
Social source share

I think the only version available on a 45 is British Mecury release. One of my all time favourites.

Mark

Great tune.Only got it on a Mercury Demo LP but I will get a 45........along with a million others :D

Cheers

Martyn

Edited by hullsoul
Social source share

Not put any on for a bit , so here goes . This one is doing it for me at the moment.

Just bought the 45 of ebay

WILSON WILLIAMS - GROOVY FEELING - ABC

Cheers

Swifty :thumbsup:

Swifty

Great tune for at home,not sure I'd want to hear it out????

Cheers

Martyn

Edited by hullsoul
Social source share

Guest east rob

Been playing this today and lovin' it!

who else recorded this? I'm sure I've heard another version.

Dave

Kenny Lonas on columbia, on the first page of this thread :hatsoff2:

cheers, rob

Social source share

Guest allnightandy

This from me today yet another classic from a soulbowl soul pack , i fell in love with this the first time i played it 37 years ago

You know you have found something special when the hairs stand up on the back of your neck. What a voice !

as is all to common with our scene the remaining artists are fewer by the year and sadly Viola passed away in Mat 2009

god bless her !

as a foot note i think this was written and produced by the late great Barry White !

Edited by allnightandy
Social source share

In recovery mode from a cracking night at Empty Bottles (Leeds). Only a small room but only room left was behind the bar,it was rammed.So the young lads who run it must be doing summat right.Music was top notch with plenty of new stuff to my ears & a great laugh to go with it..........what more do you want.If you like something a bit different I'd give it a try :thumbsup:

One of the scenes famous names but one of her lesser know tunes but one of her best imo.

Patti & The Emblems-All My Tomorrows Are Gone Kapp

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7k5pQYP6UPc

Cheers

Martyn

PS Anyone ever seen an issue of this as I've only ever seen demo's??

Social source share