"the Swan" : Forgot The Artist Name

Guest Gaok

I had this 7" single in the 70's. It was on the Epic label (US pressing I think and orange label).

On one side the title was "The Swan", which was instrumental, and a northern/disco version

of a classical piece I think.

I believe it was the B-side, but not 100% certain. But can't remember what the title on the other

side was.

Does this ring any bells?, hope sombody can help

Edited by Gaok
Social source share

• Replies 6
  • Views 970
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Thanks for the suggestion, but I doubt its the one. It seems like Hocus was rock (they are on youTube)

The one I look for is quite certain from around 1975-77.

I wa thinking of Webster Lewis, but could not find any with that title.

Social source share

You sure it's Epic? There's a disco thing on Roulette called The Swan by Real MccCoy or something like that. I think it's the flip to some pretty horrid euro disco sounding tune.

O yes wait a minute, you may very well be right about it being on Roulette records. I just see before me this orange colour on the label, and thought of Epic. But this colour had Roulette as well.

Now the problem seems to be the name of the artist/band. There are up to several under the name Real McCoy, but they don't seems to be the right one. Was it Real MccCoy (Mcc with two "c" s ?) Some rare US-release with only this record maybe?

Thank you, hopefully we are on to something now, and hope to find out :wave:

Update: Yes you were right, found it here:

https://www.discogs.com/Real-Mc-Coy-The-Swan/release/2046411

Thank you so much! :thumbup:

Edited by Gaok
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!