playlist

Tubbs

HAD OUR SOUL NIGHT IN ABERDEEN COUPLE OF WEEKS BACK. A REGULAR SAID IT WAS A SHITE NIGHT AND HE'S NOT COMING BACK. SOME OF THE SOUNDS THAT WERE PLAYED LISTED BELOW. WHAT DO YOU THINK? SHITE OR GREAT

NOT IN ANY PARTICULAR ORDER

NABAY BELIEVE IT OR NOT IMPACT

DUSTY WILSON IT'S GONNA BE A TRAGEDY MUTT

BERES HAMMOND DON'T WAIT TOO LONG WATER LILY

ESSENCE LOVIN YOU COMES NATURALLY EPIC

BULL BYGONES BELL

VONDELLS HEY GIRL YOU'VE CHANGED AIRTOWN

CHUCK HOLIDAY JUST CAN'T TRUST NOBODY GLORIA

PIONEERS MY GOOD FRIEND JAMES MERCURY

GENE REDDING I NEED YOUR LOVIN BELL

SHADOWS TOGETHER AGAIN UNITED AUDIO

TRAMMPS STOP AND THINK PIR

JEAN BATTLE I'VE GOT TO COME IN CLINTONE

SILKY HARGREAVES KEEP LOVING ME LIKE YOU DO DEARBORN

VANGUARDS GOOD TIMES BAD TIMES LAMP

HAMILTON MOVEMENT SHE'S GONE

ESSEX IV MY REACTION TO YOU WINDMILL

DICKIE WONDER NOBODY KNOWS SOUND OF SOUL

MOSES SMITH GIRL ACROSS THE STREET DIONN

DYNAMICS I WANNA KNOW BIG TOP

DRAPERS YOUR LOVE HAS GONE AWAY GEE

ROSE BATISTE I CAN'T LEAVE YOU THELMA

MARTHA STARR NO PART TIME LOVE FOR ME THELMA

PRINCE PHILIP MITCHELL I'M SO HAPPY ATLANTIC

DEAN COURTNEY LOVE YOU JUST CAN'T WALK AWAY MGM

KIM WESTON I'M STILL LOVING YOU TAMLA

BOBBY WOMACK WHAT IS THIS KEYMEN

BOBBY WOMACK SO MANY SIDES OF YOU MOTOWN

GREG PERRY LOVE CONTROL CHESS

NINA SIMONE TOUCHING AND CARING BELLAPHON

ROBERT JOHN RAINDROPS LOVE AND SUNSHINE A&M

BOBBY DUKES JUST TO BE WITH YOU CALLA

CARL HALL MY BABY'S SO GOOD MERCURY

SAINTS I'LL LET YOU SLIDE WIGWAM

MAJOR HARRIS CALL ME TOMORROW OKEH

FRED HUGHES I KEEP TRYIN XL

BOBBY SHEEN SOMETHING NEW TO DO WB

JIMMY NORMAN FAMILY TREE MERCURY

JIMMY RUFFIN DON'T FEEL SORRY FOR ME MIRACLE

BETTY TURNER BE CAREFUL GIRL LIBERTY

PERCY WIGGINS THATS LOVING YOU ABET

PLUS OTHERS I CAN'T REMEMBER

Social source share

• Replies 12
  • Views 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

For a start Jean Battle "I've got to come in" is awesome, Greg Perry and " Love Control" is the better side of "Head over Heels" and a brilliant dancer, and the Essex IV " my reaction to you" is one of those incredible 70's tracks that i wished i owned.

If this is the standard of music, then i need to come and visit.

Social source share

thanx Brett, we did have John Weston up as guest dj but the 3 tracks you mentioned were played by the resident dj's Gash, Riddell and myself.

just remembered another one which was played

VIVIAN COPELAND CHAOS D'ORO

JEFF PERRY LOVE DON'T COME NO STRONGER ARISTA

HESITATIONS THATS WHAT LOVE IS KAPP LP

DON GARDNER WE'RE GONNA MAKE IT MASTER 5

WILLIE TEE I'M HAVING SO MUCH FUN GATUR

Social source share

Well if you have John Weston as a guest then you cannot fail, always plays brilliant records, i have had the pleasure to listen to the fella play as far afield as London & Manchester, never been disappointed. This was in Aberdeen ( and John tells me "I get about") well your regular should hang his head in shame.

Had similar reaction to a local night that i attend (Ponds Forge) a certain few that say they won't come again, i just shake my head in disbelief because blokes like Mark Etheridge put on a true "Across The Board" evening and long may they do so. yours Brett

Social source share

HAD OUR SOUL NIGHT IN ABERDEEN COUPLE OF WEEKS BACK. A REGULAR SAID IT WAS A SHITE NIGHT AND HE'S NOT COMING BACK. SOME OF THE SOUNDS THAT WERE PLAYED LISTED BELOW. WHAT DO YOU THINK? SHITE OR GREAT

great, IMHO, something for every one there.

and i will add, I think John Weston is great as well. Deffo doesnt get the recognition he deserves. He allways seems to be one step ahead.

and as a person, glad hes a friend (and no i didnt say the above because of that)

Social source share

I think a one-way ticket to the Outer Hebrides is in order for the person in question.

As Grandpa always says 'You can't buy style, lad'

Good Arras! Can't fault you at all.

Jamie

Social source share

you're absolutely right bout Johnnie Weston top bloke top sounds. We'd have him on all the time if he moved up here. If your reading this John, ecclescakes still got a spare room for you to come and live here permanently

Social source share

A decent playlist for any venue, John Weston quality DJ IMO. If the regular turns up next time tell him to f*** off ;-)

Social source share

Alright Tubbs?

I've got to say that anybody that I speak to from the west coast that's been up to the Belmont has always enjoyed it, myself included so I can't understand a drastic reply like "shite".

What kind of sounds would this fella have played?

Is he promoting the scene as much as you and Riddell?

Everybody is a critic good or bad but negative criticism should be followed by advice to give you an idea of where if anything you went wrong.

I know this regulars reaction won't stop the nights so keep it up and hopefully I will see you all soon.

All the best

Haydn fae Girvan

Social source share

alright Haydn. How you doing? Belmont still going strong. Hope you can make it back up soon. Next night Sept 26th it's a Sunday as it's the Aberdeen holiday on the monday Starts at 5 til midnite. Then sat 9th Oct 8 til 2 we have the Dublin boys over to dj.

Tubbs

Social source share

i unfortunately never stayed long enough to see john weston due to an unexpected inability to keep anything in my stomach at all , i heard he was really good though..

been to the belmont a few times now , really dunno when i'll be back though ...although aberdeen looking good with the east nuek do , really looking forward to making that one and who knows maybe spinning a few lesser known 60's tunes

Davie

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!