Detroit Record, Sharlotte Shaw

Geoff B

Hi,

Does anyone know what this is like? never heard of it before,went on ebay last night for $61.Had a go at it myself but not knowing what it sounds like i stopped at $31.

Charlotte shaw Happy (with the one i love). Detroit Street Services Inc. Records.

320821009101 Not sure how to put proper link up.

atb,Geoff

Social source share

• Replies 12
  • Views 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Cheers Steve, :thumbsup: Maybe i should have bid more.

atb Geoff.

actually I won it, sort of accidentally. it had a slightly different label design than the one I already had, it was like a little more crude looking. I assumed the tracks were different and then after I won it I saw they were the same songs. If I get it and the tracks are not different versions to the one I have already, you can have it for what I paid if you want.

Social source share

actually I won it, sort of accidentally. it had a slightly different label design than the one I already had, it was like a little more crude looking. I assumed the tracks were different and then after I won it I saw they were the same songs. If I get it and the tracks are not different versions to the one I have already, you can have it for what I paid if you want.

Cheers, sounds ok to me,just pm me if or when you can.

atb,Geoff.

Social source share

• 7 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 16/06/2019 at 09:41, Blackpoolsoul said:

I came across this thread and I apologise if it has been covered before

There are these label designs 

https://www.45cat.com/record/dssi

Sadly, Sharlotte was murdered just after her release 😢 

Very nice.  It sounds like 1967.  I've never seen nor heard of it before.  I don't recognise the names of anyone one the record, other than having seen Sharlotte Shaw's name before, but spelled "Charlotte".

Never heard of The Pages, nor Basic Step Music.  Sounds like a Mike Terry arrangement.

Social source share

3 minutes ago, Robbk said:

Very nice.  It sounds like 1967.  I've never seen nor heard of it before.  I don't recognise the names of anyone one the record, other than having seen Sharlotte Shaw's name before, but spelled "Charlotte".

Never heard of The Pages, nor Basic Step Music.  Sounds like a Mike Terry arrangement.

I'm no expert but it sounds more 70s ?

its a nice record and i've never seen or heard it before.

Social source share

23 minutes ago, Dylan said:

I'm no expert but it sounds more 70s ?

its a nice record and i've never seen or heard it before.

It could sound this way recorded any time between 1967 and 1973, or even 1974.  The fact that the label font and style looks a little '70sish, and that Jimmy Delphs was on the label (had to be after he left Karen), leads me to believe it is at least m1971, and could be as new as 1973, or so.  You are likely to be right.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!