Ann Sexton Remix

Dayo

Just heard that remix of Ann Sexton, You been gone too long. Sounds great to me - really well done. Would post a soundfile if I had one.

Funny thing, but I always thought this song was a great candidate for a re-make.

What's the story? Anyone know who was behind the remix?

Best

Colin

Edited by Dayo
Social source share

• Replies 16
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Just heard that remix of Ann Sexton, You been gone too long. Sounds great to me - really well done. Would post a soundfile if I had one.

Funny thing, but I always thought this song was a great candidate for a re-make.

What's the story? Anyone know who was behind the remix?

Best

Colin

its not a remix really. its a newish recording by Frank Popp including new vocals. its a cover basically rather than a remix.

that is if we are talking about the same recording.

check out www.soulclub.org cos i am sure its on there.

cheers

Shane

Social source share

its not a remix really. its a newish recording by Frank Popp including new vocals. its a cover basically rather than a remix.

that is if we are talking about the same recording.

check out www.soulclub.org cos i am sure its on there.

cheers

Shane

If it is,i like the other side better "breakaway"...... :rolleyes:
Social source share

Great to see some of these old classics getting a make over, the more the better I say, might breath some much needed new life into the scene. In fact why not get all the contestants on the X factor to record a Northern classic, they're a real talented bunch and i'm sure they'd do some great covers..... :rolleyes:

Social source share

Great to see some of these old classics getting a make over, the more the better I say, might breath some much needed new life into the scene. In fact why not get all the contestants on the X factor to record a Northern classic, they're a real talented bunch and i'm sure they'd do some great covers..... :shhh:

Not that I've been watching :rolleyes: but Brenda on the X Factor has done a few decent covers, Midnight Train To Georgia, Somebody Else's Guy....

Social source share

I wonder if the team responsible read the Soul Source Forum!

A few months back I suggested that it would make a great song for Joss Stone to cover (gives self pat on back!)

Good on 'em - it's a super version.

Edited by Dayo
Social source share

I wonder if the team responsible read the Soul Source Forum!

A few months back I suggested that it would make a great song for Joss Stone to cover (gives self pat on back!)

Good on 'em - it's a super version.

Frank Popp came out 2003 I think, maybe 2004.

Social source share

Other side was Breakaway which IMO was dreadful.... sad.gif

The Ann sexton remix was quite good though :shhh: , I think they've got another 7" out now.

Whats wrong with "breakaway" then?.... :rolleyes:
Social source share

Frank Popp came out 2003 I think, maybe 2004.

think maybe more like 2002 maybe 2001

was used as a german tv advert backing and memory says got a earlier release before breakaway, yep its all coming back to me now :rolleyes: think it was a 12 inch releases as a flip to another side only for a while, then got pushed out again on 45 when brealway was done,

4/5 years old so could by rights class it as a oldie eh ?

Social source share

think maybe more like 2002 maybe 2001

was used as a german tv advert backing and memory says got a earlier release before breakaway, yep its all coming back to me now :shhh: think it was a 12 inch releases as a flip to another side only for a while, then got pushed out again on 45 when brealway was done,

4/5 years old so could by rights class it as a oldie eh ?

Think you're right, was thinking of when Breakaway single came out :rolleyes:

Social source share

:shhh: ..... :( Mmm sounds bad doesn't it, liked it when i first heard it but then went off it.......

I'm only kidding me owd fruit :rolleyes:

I've got a copy if it makes you feel better laugh.gif:no:smile.gif

See you tomorrow

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert