Charles Diamond & The Inspirations - No One Can Take Your Place

Guest HensTeeth

Guest HensTeeth

Hi All,

Anyone got a copy of Charles Diamond & The Inspirations - No One Can Take Your Place on pink Breakthrough label (the 1977 reissue, I believe) for sale?

Cheers,

John.

Social source share

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 

Interestingly ...i prefer the opposite to you .

And also interesting how all thre you prefer are the 2nd attempts ,which to me concludes you prefer a more polished production :)

Always think it's easier to take someones record and iron out the flaws ,but i guess i prefer the more vulnerable and raw performance than the studio polished job :thumbsup:

As they say ...each to their own :yes:

Social source share

Interestingly ...i prefer the opposite to you .

And also interesting how all thre you prefer are the 2nd attempts ,which to me concludes you prefer a more polished production :)

Always think it's easier to take someones record and iron out the flaws ,but i guess i prefer the more vulnerable and raw performance than the studio polished job :thumbsup:

As they say ...each to their own :yes:

Is Johnnie Mae the second? That suprises me.

Strange that I love Raw R&B though eh?

• Helpful 1
Social source share

£70ish I would say

That's mind-boggling really, these were sold as reissues along with every other pressing, bootleg and whatever else, for £1 or £1.25, I must have had at least 20 over the last 15 years and I always sold them for £5, then £10, sold one for £20 about 3 years ago and then saw what was happening with them on Ebay and put them on there now. I have to say that anyone paying £70 for a reissue such as this needs their head testing.

Social source share

That's mind-boggling really, these were sold as reissues along with every other pressing, bootleg and whatever else, for £1 or £1.25, I must have had at least 20 over the last 15 years and I always sold them for £5, then £10, sold one for £20 about 3 years ago and then saw what was happening with them on Ebay and put them on there now. I have to say that anyone paying £70 for a reissue such as this needs their head testing.

I agree Pete but like Kev says I've seen em go for a ton.

Its a crazy game we play and really shouldnt be surprised at anything.

Off topic I saw a Velours on one of those blue UK MGM issues go for £56 the other week :huh: Unfortunately I never get any of these daft prices when I sell on Ebay :(

Social source share

I agree Pete but like Kev says I've seen em go for a ton.

Its a crazy game we play and really shouldnt be surprised at anything.

Off topic I saw a Velours on one of those blue UK MGM issues go for £56 the other week :huh: Unfortunately I never get any of these daft prices when I sell on Ebay :(

I got £32 for an Enchantments on Joker (albeit one with a US large centre) but all my pressings this week apart from that, and there have been 60 of them, went for the standard 5 to 10 quid. Good titles as well.

Social source share

I had the whole 1,000 copies of the pink ones from Joey Jefferson via Bob Cattanneo. JJ was supposed to supply the same version as on Breakthrough but didn'.

I had a lot of trouble selling them, was too classy for the time I suppose, and people wanted the version they knew...

I also had the very first copy in the UK of the rarer Breakthrough copy , and was later offered a second one by Joey at his place in LA then he went all mental and I was glad to get out of there, even without the record which he had promised me, and which he showed me, but would not sell it.

Social source share

In the real world, yes, although that was never advertised and sold as a reissue for £1.25 was it?

The Sassy demo was on the wall in either Booths or Valances in Mansfield with a range of other boots for?? think it may have been £2 rather than £1.25 but am going back a while. Was under the impression for ages it was a boot simply based on that.

Social source share

The Sassy demo was on the wall in either Booths or Valances in Mansfield with a range of other boots for?? think it may have been £2 rather than £1.25 but am going back a while. Was under the impression for ages it was a boot simply based on that.

On the wall of HMV ? Or boxes at Vallances during the "Big Sale"?

Social source share

wernt there 1000 copies of frankie beverly on sassy..is that only worth 70 quid..incidentally i just sold the charles diamond for £75..the guys paying me for it tommorrow..won it on ebay for 99pence

Which Sassy copy, cos ain't there two different "B" sides, "love your pain goes deep" and "this is just the B side", each as both demo and issue.

Regards Bob

Social source share

Guest JIM BARRY

might be it has Ian Gillibrand in the run out, i bought it of Jim Wensiora in the 80's

yes mate, he sold it to gilly, he also sold billy woods on sussex for a ton....

Social source share