Seen This Bootleg?

Pete S

Return of an infamous old label, quite interesting that they chose this and gave it a number which would fit in with the original sequence, except that the A side wasn't discovered until four years after that label stopped putting records out..

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Paul-Anka-We-Get-There-Northern-Soul-Vinyl-45-/110806306032?pt=UK_Records&hash=item19cc920cf0#ht_712wt_1398

Social source share

Guest JIM BARRY

they used to be selotaped in the shop window at hime and addison in manchester....overseen by a MAJOR soul star with connections to the torch by any chance???

Social source share

Guest allnightandy

Thats right, out of The Torch via International Soul Club, mastered by a top US producer in Chicago and overseen by a famous US soul recording star - sounds unbelievable doesn't it, but the mastering for these was done at Brunswick Records in the States

If it was legit it would be on RCA like the last Percy Wiggins (i don't even know if that was legit) But at least if it wasn't it could spark an investigation By RCA there are far too many boots on ebay and they won't do anything about it

There is also a pile of these floating around ebay the lables arn't bad but they have this star thing on them

i think i've seen at least a dozen different ones of these , i gave all the information to ebay but as usual the do sweet F A !

https://i.ebayimg.com...8fWQ!~~60_1.JPG

Edited by allnightandy
Social source share

If it was legit it would be on RCA like the last Percy Wiggins (i don't even know if that was legit) But at least if it wasn't it could spark an investigation By RCA there are far too many boots on ebay and they won't do anything about it

There is also a pile of these floating around ebay the lables arn't bad but they have this star thing on them

i think i've seen at least a dozen different ones of these , i gave all the information to ebay but as usual the do sweet F A !

https://i.ebayimg.com...8fWQ!~~60_1.JPG

Those are 100% legal issues Andy from the people who were behind the JoeBoy label in the 90's.

Social source share

Guest allnightandy

Those are 100% legal issues Andy from the people who were behind the JoeBoy label in the 90's.

really ! well i am suprised, Those labels being so like the originals in my opinion are to deceive the less informed

why couldn't they put them on a label like Grapevine or stardust or invent one of their own ?

Social source share

Is When we get there really popular enough to warrant a pressing?

I picked up a black UK copy just about 10 years ago for a tenner, cause nobody was interested in the blue eyed soul.

For the record:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILw9_VXCtxE

By the way anyone after Carl Douglas on OOTP?

Return of an infamous old label, quite interesting that they chose this and gave it a number which would fit in with the original sequence, except that the A side wasn't discovered until four years after that label stopped putting records out..

https://www.ebay.co.u...0#ht_712wt_1398

Social source share

The orange UK RCA issue fetches around £30 on ebay.

Maybe the owner of the original OOTP label could take legal action? He's still knocking about somewhere I think :huh:

Thats a ridiculous price, I sell it for £6 on UK orange RCA, the black UK RCA is very rare, £50+, UK demo £100, people paying big money for USA copies are crazy in my opinion, £30 demo £60 issue absolute maximum.

Doubt if the OOTP guy can do anything seeing as he bootlegged 50 titles and was prosecuted for it!

Social source share

Thats a ridiculous price, I sell it for £6 on UK orange RCA, the black UK RCA is very rare, £50+, UK demo £100, people paying big money for USA copies are crazy in my opinion, £30 demo £60 issue absolute maximum.

Doubt if the OOTP guy can do anything seeing as he bootlegged 50 titles and was prosecuted for it!

Misplaced your sense of humour today Pete? :ohmy:

Social source share

No, why?

Because most people reading this will know that the OOTP label was a bootleg operation.

Now the bootleg OOTP label has been bootlegged by other bootleggers, are you with me so far?

My comment about them taking legal action was what is known as irony or an attempt at a joke (delete as appropriate)

Hence my "misplaced sense of humour" question.

On a serious note I'll have a copy of the UK issue off you for £6 (the one with I Cant help Loving You on other side)

Social source share

Because most people reading this will know that the OOTP label was a bootleg operation.

Now the bootleg OOTP label has been bootlegged by other bootleggers, are you with me so far?

My comment about them taking legal action was what is known as irony or an attempt at a joke (delete as appropriate)

Hence my "misplaced sense of humour" question.

On a serious note I'll have a copy of the UK issue off you for £6 (the one with I Cant help Loving You on other side)

1) I thought you were being serious

2) I'll see if I've got one

• Helpful 1
Social source share

In terms of pressing plant, what's the difference between the orange / green OOTP label, and the plain white ones pressed on styrene?

My memory is that the white styrene OOTP series were really poor sound quality; whilst loud, they were really tinny.

Social source share

https://www.ebay.co.u...0#ht_712wt_1398

:hatsoff2: HI PETE To be Honest with everybody, I have a passion for collecting all the early Bootlegs and have all the releases from SOUL SOUNDS 7 the others from that time, the same is true for Christ's Burton ISC labels Out Of The Past & OOTP (white). at that time 69 to 74 by buying them in the main allowed my love for the northern soul sound develop, I often quote about the early days of the scene and how I gained a lot of knowledge from Mick Smith, but that's only part of the story.

Back in those early days the number of people who come from Letchworth into rare soul was 2, 3 if we include Mick and I was last as both Mick & Chris Gallard had been there from the start,

This bootleg means absolutely F all to myself, it's not in the same mould as Sharron Soul Ben Aiken Debbie Dean Invitations Jerry Williams and all the rest, along with all the other muck the seller has got with his feedback of 19 if I was aware who he was I would report him. he ain't got nothing to do with our music and he ain't a Jeff King Simon S or Chris B, who lets not forget owned the TORCH, this release is a wast of plastic and like all the other bootlegs should be not allowed in any event, as that makes the promoter just as guilty, However I bet people on this site still by this s**t! :rofl: LETS KEEP THE SOUL SCENE REAL, AND BUY THE PROPER STUFF :thumbup: DAVE

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!