2011 Finds

Guest adam leaver

Guest adam leaver

A few of you will have seen this anyway - but here's a link to a few things I found this year. Mainly funk, but with some crossover/gospel/soul/ballads in it too. Hope you like it...

Social source share

• Replies 8
  • Views 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest adam leaver

Hi Bob - not sure I have that option on my soundcloud, but will look into it

Here's the playlist:

1-4 cover-up medley

5 Satin 'Took A Chance On Love' Satin

6 James Stinson 'Thief On The Run' Radex

7 Crac 'Your Too Much' Crac

8 Dynamic Disciples 'Satan' Purified

9 Jesse Johnson 'Do Something For Yourself' (c/up)

10 Raphael Munnings 'Sleep On Dream On' Alston

11 Jan Lewis 'You Fit Right N/2 My Plan' Mosound

12 Prophets Of Peace 'You Can Be' Maxx

13 Latin Thing

14 Mongo Santamaria 'Cryin Time' Fania

15 Carleen & The Groovers 'Yellow Jacket' (c/up)

16 Paul Jones 'Let Her Love Grow' Jab

17 James Chapman 'Overtime' Chez

18 Gladys Gee Gee Hill 'Gotta Have You Right Now' Jet Stream

19 Dixie Nightingales 'Assassination' Chalice

Social source share

Dont think there is a download link with Soundcloud but if you click on listen on soundcloud com link below the player and then cut and paste the websie url into the box in the highlighted link below and then right click and save as option it will download the show or playlist. This is a great site as it downloads most things without a download option.

https://offliberty.com/

Edited by craig W
Social source share

Dont think there is a download link with Soundcloud but if you click on listen on soundcloud com link below the player and then cut and paste the websie url into the box in the highlighted link below and then right click and save as option it will download the show or playlist. This is a great site as it downloads most things without a download option.

https://offliberty.com/

Thanks, I will try those things. I think soundcloud does have an option (for the uploader) to allow or not allow downloads though.

I look forward to uncovering Adam's cover ups and posting them to all forums :) . Thanks for the mix, will check it out later today or tomorrow.

Social source share

Guest adam leaver

Blake H, regarding cover-ups,

I use them because they afford me the privilege of picking up the same record again at a lower price if another turns up.

On a cultural note, it also allows me to display publicly my manifest digging prowess whilst sending the confused hoard of internet scavengers, tailcoat hangers, bandwagon jumpers, petty, instrumentalist arbitrageur 'only buy it if I can sell it in 6 months for a profit' collectors into a frenzy of disbelief and outrage when they realise they can't google search or ebay said titles. It is this dark thought that keeps me warm at night.

Social source share

Blake H, regarding cover-ups,

I use them because they afford me the privilege of picking up the same record again at a lower price if another turns up.

On a cultural note, it also allows me to display publicly my manifest digging prowess whilst sending the confused hoard of internet scavengers, tailcoat hangers, bandwagon jumpers, petty, instrumentalist arbitrageur 'only buy it if I can sell it in 6 months for a profit' collectors into a frenzy of disbelief and outrage when they realise they can't google search or ebay said titles. It is this dark thought that keeps me warm at night.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert