Folks Enjoying Themselves On The Dancefloor

Davemac3

The first clip is Paul Hughes now residing in Lincoln(shire) but I'll be with him tonight at a mates 50th. He does a bit of DJing too mostly with recent boots at local do's but you cannot fault his enthusiasm at all. He's a good dancer IMHO when he's not doing forward rolls and all the other nonesence guys fast approaching their 50's should know better than to try. :D

• Helpful 1
Social source share

The first clip is Paul Hughes now residing in Lincoln(shire) but I'll be with him tonight at a mates 50th. He does a bit of DJing too mostly with recent boots at local do's but you cannot fault his enthusiasm at all. He's a good dancer IMHO when he's not doing forward rolls and all the other nonesence guys fast approaching their 50's should know better than to try. :D

excellent footwork Ged, especially in the first clip enjoyed watching him dance :thumbsup:

Social source share

You been on the grumpy Gus pills Julie? The little girl looks like she's enjoying herself to me, and fair play to her :thumbsup:

Yeah. She even evades the talc police (her dad?!!) @ 2:06! :lol: Geezer dancing has very good footwork IMO. Takes balls to get up & dive straight onto a virtually empty dance floor, daylight, and most of the punters watching too.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Yeah. She even evades the talc police (her dad?!!) @ 2:06! :lol: Geezer dancing has very good footwork IMO. Takes balls to get up & dive straight onto a virtually empty dance floor, daylight, and most of the punters watching too.

Not this guy. The more people watching the more he goes for it.

Like Ged said, he used to live round this way and has provided many a nights entertainment. Good on him!

• Helpful 2
Social source share

You been on the grumpy Gus pills Julie? The little girl looks like she's enjoying herself to me, and fair play to her :thumbsup:

Not at all Winnie , I just think if you can dance to northern fair enough but when you get to a certain age trying to do all the acrobatics and fail miserably its embarrasing imvho ...as for the little girl fair play ...but i certainly have never taken any of my children to a soul weekender or soul event they had enough just listening to my constant playing of records while they were growing up ..............now they detest it ...all this is just my vho ...........i doubt they all had a wonderful time :thumbsup: but thats why i dont do them sort of weekends

best regards

the not so grumpy

julie :D

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Not this guy. The more people watching the more he goes for it.

Like Ged said, he used to live round this way and has provided many a nights entertainment. Good on him!

Joan, you're a dancer and before old age and 'wobble bottom' claimed me I used to consider myself the same, and I never worried what time of the day it was, if I liked a record I'd dance, and I'd bet you're the same :)

Social source share

Joan, you're a dancer and before old age and 'wobble bottom' claimed me I used to consider myself the same, and I never worried what time of the day it was, if I liked a record I'd dance, and I'd bet you're the same :)

Winnie, im a dancer too not as good as i once was as i have trouble with the old legs .........but i too hear a decent record and im the first up full or empty dancefloor .......but i do know my limits :D

Edited by Julie Moore
Social source share

Love the 'wobble bottom' :lol:

Yes, I have to say I'm guilty as charged. Would definitely shy away from all cameras though!

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Winnie, im a dancer too not as good as i once was as i have trouble with the old legs .........but i too hear a decent record and im the first up full or empty dancefloor .......but i do know my limits :D

Not doubting that for a minute Julie, I think it was Dave2 who said it takes some balls to get up on an empty dance floor, just saying, from a dancers perspective which I suspect that lad is, doesn't matter what time of the day it is if you hear something you like :thumbsup:

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Sis,

There ain't no limits. :D

Limit's is fer dead folk. :lol:

Dance 'til yer drop dead. 'Cos when that happens, it's all over! :D

Regards,

Dave

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Im not saying don`t dance and have a good time im saying don`t make yourself look a div :lol:

from the two step shuffler

Julie xx

That's the thing Julie, I suspect no one actually thinks they are making themselves look like a div. Hence why you should avoid cameras at all costs. I would hate to see what I really look like and as a result never go out again :lol:

• Helpful 1
Social source share

That's the thing Julie, I suspect no one actually thinks they are making themselves look like a div. Hence why you should avoid cameras at all costs. I would hate to see what I really look like and as a result never go out again :lol:

Joan, I doubt it - its a joy to behold seeing you on the floor, the big smile says it all.

You're probably right though some of us think we're still moving like we did 30 years ago, what others see is a different matter though :P

Who cares so long as we're enjoying it?

There's too many people in the cemetery who worried about what they looked like on the dance floor :rofl:

• Helpful 3
Social source share

Thing is Julie, if we didn't have characters like this on the scene, to laugh with (& not at) the scene would be a very dull place

I'll get my coat as well :D

No offence Ali but i totally disagree ..Im not laughing with him or at him I just find it terribly sad .............don`t forget peeps this is my opinion and that all it is ...this guy may be a very nice gent :thumbsup:

Now I will definatly get my Coat :wicked:

Social source share

Guest Nick Harrison

Im saying don`t make yourself look a div :lol:

Julie, as we both know dancing like that was so acceptabled by the "norman soul scene" 30 plus years earlier. So let's move forward and those's who still fashion these "inherited" moves for the sake of the "embarassing soul heritage" are complete fecking full on div's :yes:.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Julie, as we both know dancing like that was so acceptabled by the "norman soul scene" 30 plus years earlier. So let's move forward and those's who still fashion these "inherited" moves for the sake of the "embarassing soul heritage" are complete fecking full on div's :yes:.

:ohmy: Nick, how can you be so nasty about someone you haven't met, just by going on their dancing, or how they choose to spend their soul lives.

Social source share

Well if you say so, it must be true ................... :sleep3:

Social source share

I'll put mi hand up then - I'm a div. I've always been a somewhat bland and crappy dancer, (I play a mean 'air' orchestra though!), no one's ever called me a div before because of it though. At least not to my face. :lol:

Let's see... a happy div or a miserable 'mover and shaker'? Err...no contest! :thumbup:

Regards,

Dave

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!