Folks Enjoying Themselves On The Dancefloor

Davemac3

Guest Nick Harrison

You didn`t have to wear them :lol: it wasn`t compulsary :wicked:

Indeed not Julie :wicked: - staypress trousers and a pair of original Frank Wright Loathers out of Gala Shoes on Colne Road - Burnley :thumbup: .

Social source share

Guest allnightandy

I was going to ask this myself but you beat me to it, I've seen a few photos and videos of people wearing them. What is the matter with them? (by the way I did wear them myself back in the day).

So did i !

I must have looked a right T**T

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Guest Nick Harrison

Try reading the post, Paul said the dancing is the reason the scene exists, you added in the ''acrobatic'' for dramatic effect.

Whatever "san so fair anne" - so all those Black American soul artist were making and writing songs back then, expressing there struggle and raw emotions - just to let you lot dress up and paraded your dancing ware's. Absolute dog ****.

Social source share

Whatever "san so fair anne" - so all those Black American soul artist were making and writing songs back then, expressing there struggle and raw emotions - just to let you lot dress up and paraded your dancing ware's. Absolute dog ****.

Can you edit your swearing please Nick, you are not exempt and it does affect others, especially those at work with firewall filters in place.

Social source share

Could someone enlighten me, what is the track that the lady we all think is a fab dancer, dancing to? (OK, I don't get out much these days, matron thinks too much excitement is a bad thing!)

Social source share

Hey Alison

Yep, where there's Gospel, there's certainly a whole lotta soul :thumbsup:

Oh yes, I love these 2 clips. Very dated, but shows you where all of the great Soul groups got their grounding.

Social source share

Guest Bernie2712

It is definitely the lovely Rose (who is indeed with the equally lovely Robie), and she is one of the best dancers ever. She was at Steve Holecza's 50th Party last night at The Polish Eagle Club - as usual showing us her great moves. Love her. Bernie.

Social source share

It is definitely the lovely Rose (who is indeed with the equally lovely Robie), and she is one of the best dancers ever. She was at Steve Holecza's 50th Party last night at The Polish Eagle Club - as usual showing us her great moves. Love her. Bernie.

Thanks Bernie :thumbsup:

She is a gorgeous lady, even though I didn't fully recognise her on the vid frusty2.gif:thumbsup:

Social source share

Hey Alison

Oh yes, I love these 2 clips. Very dated, but shows you where all of the great Soul groups got their grounding.

We do VERY dated here :D

Great Clips :thumbsup: Prefer the second one, smooooth and Jackie Wilson sounding. Like you say, can see (& hear) where a lot of artists get their soul from :hatsoff2:

Edited by Alison H
Social source share

think every era has had it's fair share of fashion disasters :lol:

Too true, but you don't see 80s Morcambe Pier regulars turning up now days with shorts, h20 vests, white sox and Kung fu slippers mind ;) small mercies and all that

Social source share

As you can see I don't post much, as no absolute right and wrong, just opinions, but please may i offer my personal take on this. At my age and size, could not possibly have the elegance and grace of the really good technical dancers there are about, but love nothing better than a night out on the floor, where, i hope, i at least move in time to the music. Having said that, i don't dance for anyone but myself, sometimes spending more time on the dancefloor than off it, getting a high and what i can only describe as communion with certain tracks, almost like a Sufi dervish!

I prefer the venue to have subdued lighting as am a naturally shy person, when i think back to going on the dancefloor i can't believe i do it sometimes, half the time i have my eyes half closed and am that myopic without my glasses i cant see further than 10m amyway!

There will always be the detailed focussed among us who will concentrate on cataloging serial numbers and commiting writing credits to memory, those of a more autocratic 'bent' that know the best way forward for all and will try and boss the scene in that direction, the friendly ones who greet old friends with a smile and a hug and the gregarious extroverts who like to perform in front of an audience.

I feel that ALL of these types add 'something' to the rare soul scene, i am often at a loss to why i love getting on the dancefloor so much, i'm certainly not that good at it, but the fact i dance in my kitchen with a can and my mp3 and find myself semi-dancing on the way to work shows i don;t do it for anyone else, just for myself.

Best wishes to all, hope we can all continue to be tolerant of those that deviate from our personal 'way' of doing things

Cheers

Well said Andy :thumbsup:

The few times that you have posted, have been of great interest, you speak from the heart (where some of us speak from other parts of our bodies :lol: ), and I'd rather wait around for a post like yours to come along, every so often, and be moved by it :hatsoff2:

All the best

Ali x

Social source share

Guest Marky Tee

As you can see I don't post much, as no absolute right and wrong, just opinions, but please may i offer my personal take on this. At my age and size, could not possibly have the elegance and grace of the really good technical dancers there are about, but love nothing better than a night out on the floor, where, i hope, i at least move in time to the music. Having said that, i don't dance for anyone but myself, sometimes spending more time on the dancefloor than off it, getting a high and what i can only describe as communion with certain tracks, almost like a Sufi dervish!

I prefer the venue to have subdued lighting as am a naturally shy person, when i think back to going on the dancefloor i can't believe i do it sometimes, half the time i have my eyes half closed and am that myopic without my glasses i cant see further than 10m amyway!

There will always be the detailed focussed among us who will concentrate on cataloging serial numbers and commiting writing credits to memory, those of a more autocratic 'bent' that know the best way forward for all and will try and boss the scene in that direction, the friendly ones who greet old friends with a smile and a hug and the gregarious extroverts who like to perform in front of an audience.

I feel that ALL of these types add 'something' to the rare soul scene, i am often at a loss to why i love getting on the dancefloor so much, i'm certainly not that good at it, but the fact i dance in my kitchen with a can and my mp3 and find myself semi-dancing on the way to work shows i don;t do it for anyone else, just for myself.

Best wishes to all, hope we can all continue to be tolerant of those that deviate from our personal 'way' of doing things

Cheers

Probably the most succinct and meaningful post I have ever read on Soul Source. I salute you my friend.
Social source share

You obviously don't get the northern scene, the music and the dancing go hand in hand. Have no idea what ''san so fair anne'' means, but I'm sure it's very profound

Social source share

Guest proudlove

few times that you have posted, have been of great interest, you speak from the heart (where some of us speak from other parts of our bodies :lol: ), and I'd rather wait around for a post like yours to come along, every so often, and be moved by it :hatsoff2:

All the best

Ali x

Seconded good post mate

Social source share

Guest Marky Tee

You obviously don't get the northern scene, the music and the dancing go hand in hand. Have no idea what ''san so fair anne'' means, but I'm sure it's very profound

Ca ne fait rien, I think. French for it doesnt matter
Social source share

Guest spudmurphy

:lol: :lol: :lol: So you pocketed diluded "oldies" lot do actually place your acrobatic dancing first and foremost :ohmy:. Thanks this clearly answers my earlier posts with such" truthfull justice".

I went to late wigan rotherham stafford morccambe pier/land stoke etc love oldies but nearly bought a whistle at rotherham. I didnt know you were the self appointed voice of black america if you think this scene isnt a dance driven one think you better explain. ps not done a back drop since 77 at brinny youthclub Edited by spudmurphy
Social source share

No Sh#t Sherlock ...They did it for chin strokers :g: , I dont suppose those Black american artists were trying to make themselves recording stars , show me a teenager back in the mid 70ts who gave a damm about the struggles of the song writers etc in states all folks wanted to do were dance their ars# off and some get off their ti#ts to quality dance music :yes:

Social source share

Too true, but you don't see 80s Morcambe Pier regulars turning up now days with shorts, h20 vests, white sox and Kung fu slippers mind ;) small mercies and all that

Thats only because most of them cant fit into them shorts anymore :wicked: ...Delxxx

Social source share

are you serious this mans poison

Yes, I'm asking everyone to knock the insults on the head. Whatever we might think of someone we have a house rule not to insult other members, that's the same for Nick, You and myself.

https://www.soul-source.co.uk/articles/soul-news/forum-house-rules-r1879

If anyone has a problem with a post of another member hit the report button and we will deal with it, we don't always see everything.

Social source share

Oi I was a morcambe pier regular I must have been so off my head them days i must have missed them :lol::lol:

You were lucky Julie, why couldn't I have missed them!

Honestly, the thought of 50 plus year old men wearing shorts (and I don't mean shorts that cover the tops of your legs I'm talking those silky shorts that have the split nearly up to the waist) with a skimpy vest (or not, as loads just wore the shorts) really does make me wish I hadn't had my breakfast this morning :lol:

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Guest soul elite

"Dance like nobody is watching" Thats our mantra, who cares how people dance....Provided they don't have drinks on the dancefloor and they aren't making a nuisance of themselves!

Social source share

Northern dancing is unique in so many ways, we can all hear the same lyric, the same music but all interpret it differently and it's not for anyone to say what's right and wrong, it has never been about that. Just been watching 'gotta dance' and whilst it's obvious these people are technically good, they don't hear the music, it's virtually all choreographed. And in a nutshell that's why I love watching people on the northern scene dance, they feel the music. No need for criticism, just get on and enjoy it, as all of us know, we're a long time dead............

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Honestly, the thought of 50 plus year old men wearing shorts (and I don't mean shorts that cover the tops of your legs I'm talking those silky shorts that have the split nearly up to the waist) with a skimpy vest (or not, as loads just wore the shorts) really does make me wish I hadn't had my breakfast this morning :lol:

Oh Joan....you have made me feel really bad now!!!!!! :lol: ....i hated that fashion then...just thought it looked a bit indecent and i made sure i looked well...even had Viki....observe as well.... :D ..at least with baggies...they cover a mutitude of sins..and i much rather see that......terrible when one is shy and retiring... :rofl: .Delxxxxxx

Social source share

Northern dancing is unique in so many ways, we can all hear the same lyric, the same music but all interpret it differently and it's not for anyone to say what's right and wrong, it has never been about that. Just been watching 'gotta dance' and whilst it's obvious these people are technically good, they don't hear the music, it's virtually all choreographed. And in a nutshell that's why I love watching people on the northern scene dance, they feel the music. No need for criticism, just get on and enjoy it, as all of us know, we're a long time dead............

Absolutely spot on.... :thumbup: ....what i bloody luv ..is seeing a couple of brill dancers ...differing styles...but both dancing to that one tune....sublime.....no other place in the World i would want to be.....Del...xxxx

Social source share

Oh my sweet baby Jesus, strike this image from my minds eye.

Social source share

Guest 2648 W Grand Boulevard

Some great footwork, now theres a young lady who's happy at her work !!

Lucky Robbie :hatsoff2:

Social source share

Guest Soul Glo

I've spotted my head a few times bobbing about in the background on the tube at soul nights, which is mortifying enough.

I take my :hatsoff2: off to dancers that look ace being filmed. I think they're both great dancers, different but both great.

Social source share

Guest soul elite

Sometimes if we haven't been out for a couple of weeks and are desperate for a boogie we almost throw our bags down and dive on the dancefloor as soon as we get through the door... !?!? haha

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...
Guest MissHongkongfuey

One of my fave clips, yellow shirt. She just gets better and better as the clip goes on.

Pretty sure Her name is Rose. Great dancer, great track! I get a real buzz everytime I watch this clip.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!