Len Barry - Ill Always Need You

Wiganer1

• Replies 19
  • Views 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Originally came out on British album, Its That Time Of The Year, I think. rare LP, never seen one with a cover !

Alan

started on the thread, and was just about to post up that I,ll always need you is on an L.P but ive only ever seen one without a cover!, got to be one somewhere p.s oscar p arrived safe and well and is on the decks right now!!

Social source share

started on the thread, and was just about to post up that I,ll always need you is on an L.P but ive only ever seen one without a cover!, got to be one somewhere p.s oscar p arrived safe and well and is on the decks right now!!

Dont know of any copies with sleeves. I remember turning a copy down - no sleeve - about 1977, for £20, cos it was a bit scratched, never been offered another one. Still got an acetate of it from that era- sounds rough now. Still think its the better version. Glad the record arrived ok.

Alan

Social source share

Dont know of any copies with sleeves. I remember turning a copy down - no sleeve - about 1977, for £20, cos it was a bit scratched, never been offered another one. Still got an acetate of it from that era- sounds rough now. Still think its the better version. Glad the record arrived ok.

Alan

===

thanks for the replys guys

appreciate it

Social source share

I've got the Brunswick lp , no cover, but there are a couple of other track that are ok - his version of love love love and when you call me baby.

Tony E

I was waiting for your comment on this subject Tone, must have been yours that i heard in the first place!! Love love love etc definitely worth a listen.

Alan

Social source share

Guest Soulfood33

I've got the Brunswick lp , no cover, but there are a couple of other track that are ok - his version of love love love and when you call me baby.

Tony E

Only copy I ever saw was at Cleethorpes Pier Rob Thomas or was it Gary Field had it, again NO COVER LP ytitle was "It's That Time of Year" I think, am I correct?? but I'm intrigued to know the UK Brunswick release # and year. As this is really a mystery Northern Soul story.. no USA issue ??? or Europe ?? Who played it at Cleethorpes was it Poke?? Also has Johnny Caswell two Decca tracks on it I.O.U. & You Don't Love me anymore or was I dreaming........
Social source share

Only copy I ever saw was at Cleethorpes Pier Rob Thomas or was it Gary Field had it, again NO COVER LP ytitle was "It's That Time of Year" I think, am I correct?? but I'm intrigued to know the UK Brunswick release # and year. As this is really a mystery Northern Soul story.. no USA issue ??? or Europe ?? Who played it at Cleethorpes was it Poke?? Also has Johnny Caswell two Decca tracks on it I.O.U. & You Don't Love me anymore or was I dreaming........

Tony Ellis will be able to give you all the info on this, I think i heard it in one of his spots mid 70s, maybe at the Shades of Green club, Camberley. Dont know anything about the Johnny Caswell tracks?!

Alan

Social source share

I'm pretty sure the "It's That Time Of Year" LP wasn't officially issued in the UK. And there are almost certainly NO sleeves in existence.

If Ady Croasdell is reading this, maybe you could shine some light on the story, kind sir?

Gene

Edited by Gene-R
Social source share

They used to play Love, love, love at the Torch if my mammary serves me right. I can just about recall a 3 in a row spot when Bobby Hebb, William Bonny and Len Barry were played one after another. They also did this with Roy Hamilton, Crackin' Up and Lee Rogers and Danny White's versions of Cracked Up Over You. On the other hand while I was there I could have sworn I heard a male version of Girls are out to get you, so it might just have been the gear. :D

Tony E

Social source share

Apologies if someone's already posted this answer. Reissue LP was "Footstompers" on KENT, one of my favourite comps which had a load of the Coral, Decca and Congress stuff on it (Patti Austin, J Caswell, J Carter, Lee Roye, 7th Ave Aviators, Richie Adams etc). Len Barry track also appeared on a recent budget Double CD package ( you know, one of those that recycles the same old stuff and you pay £5.99 for the two tracks you don't have - can't remember package title but one of the 2 CDs was also called Footstompers if I recall).

Social source share

John Manship had the LP and played the track at Samanthas when he guested there after Frank left and before Sam became a resident with John Vincent. It didn't have a cover. Spoken to JM about it a few years ago. Deffo not UK and I don't think the label had a country of origin on it, although Germany was mentioned as a possibility.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert