Twelve 70S / 80S Modern Soul, Two Step For Sale

Girthdevon

Been quiet posting sales up on here recently, so here's a quick dozen 45s that may be of interest - a few real cheap bits mixed in, in nice condition too.

Anything you need to hear, just ask and i'll get you a sound clip.....i've now included U Tube clips for some.

You can PM me or email orders to girthdevon@ntlworld.com - please await a reply with availability & a total.

Cheers Gareth

1 / Brandy Wells - When It's Love / Gonna Getcha - WMOT DJ - SOLD

VG++ / Very rare 45 from '81. Neither of the tracks appear on her LP, and both are great lazy soul, two steppers. Rubber stamped demo - be aware, all other copies I've seen have been demos with the top side repeated on both sides. This is rubber stamped but has the different sides.

2 / Otis Clay - Messing With My Mind / Check It Out - Echo £5.00

NM / Big vocal from Otis Clay, both sides are great modern soul - not as indemand as The Only Way Is Up, but equally as good and a snip at the price.

3 / James Brown & The JB's - People Wake Up And Live - Polydor £10.00 - SOLD

VG++ / A big 'A' written on the other side side. A soul favourite from JB, sold a couple of these recently - a revival maybe, or a new audience ??

4 / Chuck Bernard - A Shoulder To Lean On - Brunswick £125.00

NM / The great mellow flip to Contract On Your Love, only appears on the very scarce issue copies. Took me a loooong while to find mine, and this is my very first spare. Not up on U Tube, I'll add a clip to this in a while.

5 / Shock - I Think I Love You - Fantasy £5.00

VG / Light surface marks on this one, plays v well - just a couple of pops and crackles. Brilliant '81 modern soul / boogie, this is def one to rise in popularity (and value) on the soul dancefloors. Scarce on a 45.

6 / The Friends Of Distinction - Check It Out - RCA £5.00 SOLD

VG++ / Mellow tune from the 'Grazing' people. Love it and a cheapie for the followers of the two step groove.

7 / Johnny Bristol - You And I - MGM £5.00 SOLD

VG++ / The follow up his classic Hang On In There Baby, and a brilliant underplayed cheapie.

8 / Garland Green - Just Loving You - Spring £15.00

VG++ / Such a distinctive voice, this is my pick of all his Spring sides. Super '75 modern soul.

9 / William Howard - Come To Me / Give A Helping Hand - Cat £15.00

NM / Classic Florida soul, nice deep on the flip. In top condition, more likely unplayed.

10 / Starpoint - All Night Long - Chocolate City DJ £10.00

NM / Seriously good '82 two stepper, brilliant vocals from Renee Diggs - edited 3:58m DJ friendly version on this scarce 45. In tip top condition.

11 / Soul Children - Who You Used To Be - Stax £25.00

NM / Absolutely love the Soul Children, and none more so than this '78 modern soul winner. NM and a rarer issue copy too.

https://www.2shared.c...You_Used_T.html

12 / Jeannie Reynolds - Unwanted Company - Casablanca £15.00 SOLD

VG++ / Just about the very epitome of 70s two step soul IMO, nice clean copy with no hiss.

You can PM me or email orders to girthdevon@ntlworld.com

UK Postage for up to 5 45s is £2.00 - add 80p for signed for

Europe Postage for 1 x 45 is £2.50, £0.50 each additional - add £4.95 for signed for

Rest of the World Postage for 1 x 45 is £3.00, £1.00 each additional - add £4.95 for signed for

Payment can be made with Paypal to girthdevon@ntlworld.com or by bank transfer (online or at any Barclays). Cash or PO accepted too.

Edited by Girthdevon
Social source share

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 1
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

High offer is still £80 on this, will wrap it up this evening........cheers Gareth

1 / Brandy Wells - When It's Love / Gonna Getcha - WMOT DJ - OFFERS Had a few offers on this now, highest is now £80....will wrap it up on Sunday evening...

VG++ / Very rare 45 from '81. Neither of the tracks appear on her LP, and both are great lazy soul, two steppers. Rubber stamped demo - be aware, all other copies I've seen have been demos with the top side repeated on both sides. This is rubber stamped but has the different sides.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!