Location, Location, Location - Space And Place

I had a discussion last night with a lad while I was playing a few records. Not directly related to our initial convo, though if he sees this post he'll get where i make the tenuous link. Is a 'physical' space a factor in how we enjoy a particular sound or night out - do we consider the space as much as the genre when we go somewhere or put an event on. Crazy as this might seem but i'm convinced certain sounds don't work as well in certain spaces, and not from a Phonological view point but aesthetics possibly, the actual style of a building is often befitting to a certain sound...and lends itself less well to others, or is music good and enjoyable wherever it is played?

Just wondering what people thought.

Social source share

i think the venue is important to help the sound of the tunes be even better, some venues can make a tune sound better than at others but then again there are some really bad sound systems at some venues which totally kills the music for me

Social source share

Guest Ste Brazil

The venue is very important I think but mainly having the right crowd is the most important thing but yeah, venue and other factors definitely play their part.

Social source share

Guest Ste Brazil

The venue is very important I think but mainly having the right crowd is the most important thing but yeah, venue and other factors definitely play their part.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!