Robby Lawson

Guest giant

Robby Lawson ----Burning Sensation--------original--------Kyser

Thinking of selling this whats the going rate on this one ' had it for many years and never gets played out any more.

Social source share

Guest sharmo 1

Yeah but what a fantastic number I played mine a couple of times last year and emptied the floor on one occasion and only got scant response the next time so it's going in the garage to cool off.

Social source share

Yeah but what a fantastic number I played mine a couple of times last year and emptied the floor on one occasion and only got scant response the next time so it's going in the garage to cool off.

Dont do it Simon, great record that needs playing more.

Cant understand why this isnt big at the oldies veues?

Social source share

Guest sharmo 1

Dont do it Simon, great record that needs playing more.

Cant understand why this isnt big at the oldies veues?

I'll keep it in the box for one last year then Steve regards Simon.

Social source share

Perhaps its not as well known as people think.Great dancer,true NS.

Social source share

One of my all time favs as its so messy its brilliant!

I got caught with one of those boots a few years back as they were pretty good! Still got it somewhere and that was what made me take a very cynical view about any record when someone says it rare /ultra rare /only ? known copies etc. Unless their is provenance I wont pay more that 300 quid for a record. Full Stop!

Social source share

Messy and brilliant agreed!

Here's a neat piece of trivia. The disc was manufactured in Little Ferry, New Jersey. My old friend Stan Krause(owner of the Catamount label) worked at his father's pressing plant in 1967. Paul Kyser was a client.

In 1973, Stan sold his file copy to Bob Cattaneo in San Francisco who then let it go to Simon Soussan. Six Degrees of Separation....well almost.

Social source share

Guest sharmo 1

Wasn't this the first record to break the £1K price ceiling?

I seem to remember Pat Brady buying off Tim Brown for a grand and I'm sure that was the first four digit northern 45 at the time maby 16-18 years ago regards Simon.

Social source share

Here's a neat piece of trivia. The disc was manufactured in Little Ferry, New Jersey. My old friend Stan Krause(owner of the Catamount label) worked at his father's pressing plant in 1967. Paul Kyser was a client.

In 1973, Stan sold his file copy to Bob Cattaneo in San Francisco who then let it go to Simon Soussan. Six Degrees of Separation....well almost.

Yes very interesting Kev,some of the old school names from the hey days in your reply, Burning Sensation is such an exciting record.. the upfront scene really could do with some discoveries of equal excitement, to inject a bit of get up and go on the somewhat stagnent cutting edge dance floors ! To be honest walking through the doors of Kings Hall at stoke and "Sensation" blasting to a packed floor is really what it's all about !

Yes Bob the flip is really nice ,but to appreciate the flip you'd have to be there...

Social source share

Infact just thinking Kev , on a recent visit to my house Soul Sam explained that he played this first,he said that he and Colin Curtis would would go through the latest package from Soussan/ Cattaneo and split the titles- this particular time Inspirations-No one else / Robby Lawson were in there,Sam picked R.L and Colin the Inspirations ! I assume this is the copy you mention Kev ?

Social source share

Guest JIM BARRY

THE VERY THINGS I LOVE TO READ ABOUT. ALONG WITH THE STORY OF SAM AND COLIN.....DON'T LIKE THE RECORD THOUGH.

Social source share

Remember being at a Nighter in Leeds with Rob Thomas & Andy Rix ,and we were all sat around a table with 'Chaddie' (I Think that's what he was called?) Rob said to me how much do you think that record box is worth? (Chaddie's) no Idea says I , looking through I've never seen owt like it . There were 2 Robbie Lawsons in it and loads more big stuff :ohmy: , how greedy is that ? Another story how he funded them though?

and the box was supposed to worth upwards of £150,000 !!!!!!!!!!

Them good old days eh!

Cheers

Swifty :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest JIM BARRY

Remember being at a Nighter in Leeds with Rob Thomas & Andy Rix ,and we were all sat around a table with 'Chaddie' (I Think that's what he was called?) Rob said to me how much do you think that record box is worth? (Chaddie's) no Idea says I , looking through I've never seen owt like it . There were 2 Robbie Lawsons in it and loads more big stuff :ohmy: , how greedy is that ? Another story how he funded them though?

Them good old days eh!

Cheers

steve chadwick...

Social source share

Great underplayed tune IT would get played more if" local club" djs had a copy :yes: .like so many higher bracket quality oldies tunes..... very few djs have em!.

Great sax break by the way.

Social source share

Guest JIM BARRY

remember,steve chaddwick around the time of the griffin hotel nighters in leeds got a batted copy of the hytones bigger and better that played great £15 quid of him.happy days

remember he had a red issue of larry clinton as well

Social source share

A mate of mine was in Philadelphia circa 1990. He was on the phone to a record dealer who said "you're into northern soul"? I got a record here, I just know you're gonna wet your pants"! lol. Twas of course the above mentioned.

Half deserves some of the hype I spose, though nothing spesh in truth and a bit too fast to be a decent dancer imo.

Edited by Simsy
Social source share

Them good old days eh!

Cheers

What a shame he didn't buy them with his own money.....

• Helpful 2
Social source share

What a shame he didn't buy them with his own money.....

know him well ' lives in SANDYMORE near RUNCORN i live in WARRINGTON just split up with his wife 8 or 9 months ago.

nice guy but a bad accountant ' what a shame . :g:

Social source share

Infact just thinking Kev , on a recent visit to my house Soul Sam explained that he played this first,he said that he and Colin Curtis would would go through the latest package from Soussan/ Cattaneo and split the titles- this particular time Inspirations-No one else / Robby Lawson were in there,Sam picked R.L and Colin the Inspirations ! I assume this is the copy you mention Kev ?

Colin Curtis got the better of that splt...... Inspirations vs. Robbie Lawson.... no contest :no:

Social source share

• 1 month later...

I think it is a great and exciting record. It sounds a bit like a dirty wall of sound production on speed. That poor piano must have taken a beating. Fantastic sax break too.

Edited by Guest
Social source share

Them good old days eh!

Cheers

i think both his robbie lawsons played with a bit of surface noise..there was something wrong with em but cant remember now... he offerered me an insane amount of money for the new wanderers on ready ,i let him take it in the end wish i still had it though

Social source share

• 7 years later...

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!