Sam Baker On Sound Stage 7

Guest jerrio

Hi,anyone familiar with Sugerman by Sam Baker,and does anyone know if its been played out anywhere at any time.

I personally love it,the lyrics tell a sad story,and the backing track is wonderful.Got mine very cheap and i know its not rare by any means.Just a lovely soul record and i would be interested on peoples thoughts and of its history if any on the scene.Regards.

Social source share

• Replies 6
  • Views 916
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest TONY ROUNCE

'Sugarman ' is a wonderful record, the best 45 that Sam Baker ever made and the best song that Kris Kristofferson ever wrote.

I can't imagine, for even a minute, that anyone would have ever played it anywhere other than in their record room, though

Social source share

'Sugarman ' is a wonderful record, the best 45 that Sam Baker ever made and the best song that Kris Kristofferson ever wrote.

I can't imagine, for even a minute, that anyone would have ever played it anywhere other than in their record room, though

Hiya Tony,thanks for the reply,didnt realise Kris K wrote it, Thought it would have made a nice ender,The arrangement is beautiful

Regards.

Social source share

It was and does actually still get spun up here at soul nights in Aberdeen on the odd occasion, i think its a great record to end a night with, Sam's best as you said Tony

Regards

Harry

Social source share

It was and does actually still get spun up here at soul nights in Aberdeen on the odd occasion, i think its a great record to end a night with, Sam's best as you said Tony

Regards

Harry

Hiya H, good to hear it gets played out,Ive played it through a large system at a venue I play at but before we actually open and it sounded great with volume,I wouldnt get away playing it at that particular night as its an all uptempo kind of night if you know what I mean. Regards.
Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

Some venues showing considerably better taste than others, then!

Possibly not the cheeriest record to sent punters out into the night, though.... :wicked:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert