New Podcast " New Sounds 1978-81 " (Not Soul)

Pete S

THE JAM - DOWN IN THE TUBE STATION AT MIDNIGHT

THE CURE - KILLING AN ARAB

THE BUZZCOCKS - I DON'T MIND

SPIZZENERGI - WHERE'S CAPTAIN KIRK

JOE JACKSON - IS SHE REALLY GOING OUT WITH HIM

DEVO - JOCKO HOMO

THE PRETENDERS - STOP YOUR SOBBING

WIRE - OUTDOOR MINER

NICK LOWE - CRUEL TO BE KIND

HUMAN LEAGUE - EMPIRE STATE HUMAN

TUBEWAY ARMY - ME, I DISCONNECT FROM YOU

ELVIS COSTELLO - WATCHING THE DETECTIVES

GANG OF FOUR - AT HOME HE'S A TOURIST

THE PRETENDERS - KID

SQUEEZE - PULLING MUSSELLS (FROM A SHELL)

THE B-52'S - LAVA

THE FALL - ROWCHE RUMBLE

THE CLASH - STAY FREE

PUBLIC IMAGE LTD - PUBLIC IMAGE

THE SLITS - TYPICAL GIRLS

THE ONLY ONES - ANOTHER GIRL, ANOTHER PLANET

SIOUXSIE & THE BANSHEES - MIRAGE

THE UNDERTONES - JIMMY JIMMY

THE CLASH - TOMMY GUN

I fancied putting up some of my favourite tracks from a brilliant period in music, mid 1978 to the beginning of 1981. This era became known as 'post-punk' and some of the greatest music ever sprang from this short but incredibly creative period. I bought all of these records when they were originally released, the majority are singles but there are a couple of lp tracks (Siouxsie & The Banshees, B52's) and I think the Tubeway Army track was a 12" b side as well as an LP track. The Jam's opener is the long version from the LP also. I've used the 'newspaper' sleeve from Public Image's first single to accompany this podcast as I think, of all the truly great singles released in that 3 year period, this is probably the greatest track from the entire era. If anyone likes this, I've got endless amounts of 45's from this period.

Social source share

• Replies 6
  • Views 920
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

hi pete how do you down load these?

You can't download them on mixcloud I'm afraid Ted, well you can but you have to be very internet savvy to do so, I don't know how to do it. It's a free site so they just let you publish them but not download them. You can of course get something like FREECORDER which will record the lot for you but in real time. Someone might know how to do the download thing, I was told how once.

Social source share

Class as ever Pete! Some stuff on there reminds me of Wombourne and the pasties in the back of your wardrobe! I was glad Gang of Four was on there... and the B-52s....

Clare's been glaring at me singing (?) away with my headphones on while she's trying to watch the soaps

:D :D :lol::thumbup:

Can't see a link now though...

Edited by MrC
Social source share

Class as ever Pete! Some stuff on there reminds me of Wombourne and the pasties in the back of your wardrobe! I was glad Gang of Four was on there... and the B-52s....

Clare's been glaring at me singing (?) away with my headphones on while she's trying to watch the soaps

:D :D :lol::thumbup:

Can't see a link now though...

dunno what happened to the link, I didn't delete it

p.s. can anyone possibly know what you mean about food in the wardrobe? Clue: it was a hiding place for sundays after Wigan

:lol:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!