Would You Buy A 4 Grand Record From Someone With Very Very Low Feedback

Sheldonsoul

just seen this on e bay normally a 4 grand record but noticed the seller only has a feedback of 1 !!!! think i would steer clear myself, is he a member on here https://www.ebay.co.u...=item3f12dd64e8

this is being discussed on all about the soul bids look very dodgy leaving a s source member the highest bidder after someone upped the bids then withdrew

kev

Social source share

Guest allnightandy

The guy obviously didn't know it's worth he put it up starting at 99p

his other item is a crappy Jacko cd

his feedback score of one was for buying a land rover badge !

Edited by allnightandy
Social source share

First time I've ever heard of someone moving on a JIMMY BURNS due to a lack of space. I mean you'd find space in your fridge or something like that wouldn't you?

my friend found a copy recently, I actually had never really listened to it before, I thought it was terrible (please don't flame me, just my opinion, I'm sure many people hate my taste too). But the other side was actually sort of nice midtempo. Not amazing but nice.

Social source share

First time I've ever heard of someone moving on a JIMMY BURNS due to a lack of space. I mean you'd find space in your fridge or something like that wouldn't you?

HAHAHA beat me to it, "hmmm my storage space is just a little too full, time to sell that $3,000 record i've been propping the door open with"

Social source share

Guest Ste Brazil

I'm running out of space at home, so if anybody can take a couple of middles (plastic ones, as new) off my hands i'll finally be able to have space to move all the new furniture in - open to offers.

Social source share

Guest smudgesmith

Bob, I repeat, if you need to make room in yer box for something like Jimmy Burns, ya need a bigger box.... :lol:

Is yours in ya fridge Steve? you beat me to Ians copy LOL I had to be satisfied with Brooks Bros,Joanne Courcy and Bobby Kline.

Social source share

That's funny Ted, your playlists are the closest to mine have ever seen listed (hopefully thats a compliment!) but Brand New Faces is most always in my box, glad we're allowed to differ

BobA you were at the Chicago night where Jimmy Burns sang right, do you remember what a bizarre version that was!?

Social source share

• 3 weeks later...

Just something about Brand new faces that puts me of i bought it in the 80's but sold it fairly quickly still gotv the other 2 thou never part with them and i think your comment is most complimentary :thumbsup:

i've never liked brand new faces either. It just makes me want to hear the real thing.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

I noticed that the first one up for sale the seller gave the location as Hazel Grove so Manchester is just up the road. There are NS fans in HG but it's not that big a place. Think Steve Foran is from up that way so he may have some idea.

Keep meaning to ask my mum when I visit if she's heard anything on the grapevine. Yes it sounds daft but her cobbler is into NS as is a near neighbour. she's told them that "our Rodney likes records and went to Wigan"

It isn't my mum though so we have at least narrowed the field.

ROD

Social source share

This Jimmy Burns finished on ebay this afternoon, Mick Smith rang me and said what did I think about the fact that he was the 3rd highest bidder but within an hour he had been offered a second chance buy at £1200? I said if you're gonna buy it, go and deliver the money by hand and pick it up. Dodgy.

Social source share

This Jimmy Burns finished on ebay this afternoon, Mick Smith rang me and said what did I think about the fact that he was the 3rd highest bidder but within an hour he had been offered a second chance buy at £1200? I said if you're gonna buy it, go and deliver the money by hand and pick it up. Dodgy.

Alrady asked him Pete if i could pick up and pay cash earlier before it ended but he declined PP only and reg post, needless to say I didn't bid.

Tell Mick to give it a wide birth

Darren

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

Update on this one for everyone.

This was 'won' by a pal of mine who is not on SS.

When he paid by paypal, paypal added a box stating 'please confirm receipt of goods' - He'd never seen this before ( I haven't either, has anyone on here?)

anyway the seller then emailed something about paypal not passing the money to him for 21 days and therefore he refunded the money ( as obviously we wasn't going to get it without the record arriving!)

Next thing he tries is " I'll post to you and let you know the tracking number, can you pay me direct into my bank account (details given) when I confirm posting?" Obviously he did not pay.

The parcel arrives, and yes you've guessed it, NO RECORD but around 10 sheets of folded A4. Fortunately my pal asked the postman to witness him opening the parcel and confirm that there was nothing inside.

Latest - 'seller' contacts to say he is claiming from the post office and can he have the parcel/packaging back. Unknown to him, my pal has already contacted the PO with the tracking number etc and warned them about a possible fraudulent claim for a 'missing' 45. Therefore to date, 'seller' is out of pocket for special delivery and is likely to find himself in trouble if he makes a fictious claim.

Seller is;-

James Braithwaite

372 Lathbury Road - think this is the Crumpsall area

Manchester

M40 8NS

anyone know of him!

Good to be of service to all on SS

Julian

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Update on this one for everyone.

This was 'won' by a pal of mine who is not on SS.

When he paid by paypal, paypal added a box stating 'please confirm receipt of goods' - He'd never seen this before ( I haven't either, has anyone on here?)

anyway the seller then emailed something about paypal not passing the money to him for 21 days and therefore he refunded the money ( as obviously we wasn't going to get it without the record arriving!)

Next thing he tries is " I'll post to you and let you know the tracking number, can you pay me direct into my bank account (details given) when I confirm posting?" Obviously he did not pay.

The parcel arrives, and yes you've guessed it, NO RECORD but around 10 sheets of folded A4. Fortunately my pal asked the postman to witness him opening the parcel and confirm that there was nothing inside.

Latest - 'seller' contacts to say he is claiming from the post office and can he have the parcel/packaging back. Unknown to him, my pal has already contacted the PO with the tracking number etc and warned them about a possible fraudulent claim for a 'missing' 45. Therefore to date, 'seller' is out of pocket for special delivery and is likely to find himself in trouble if he makes a fictious claim.

Seller is;-

James Braithwaite

372 Lathbury Road - think this is the Crumpsall area

Manchester

M40 8NS

anyone know of him!

Good to be of service to all on SS

Julian

Great work!

Social source share

sleuthing: - present participle of sleuth (Verb)

Verb:

1. Carry out a search or investigation in the manner of a detective.
  2. Investigate (someone or something).
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!