Worst Soul Numberplate Ever ?

Guest allnightandy

Guest proudlove

Is that ebay seller a business that solely deals with buying and selling UK license plates? The description says they've been doing that for over 30 years. If that is someone's full time business that blows my mind.

Yes mate,huge market over here in what you would call vanity plates........quite often the plate is worth more than the car.....

Social source share

Is that ebay seller a business that solely deals with buying and selling UK license plates? The description says they've been doing that for over 30 years. If that is someone's full time business that blows my mind.

Yes mate,huge market over here in what you would call vanity plates........quite often the plate is worth more than the car.....

Yeah, in the US they're also called "Vanity plates" but I've never heard of a secondary market for them. And I wonder what creates those insane values. I guess since the plates cover the whole of England where US plates cover a single state, there is less to choose from. Still seems extreme.

Social source share

Yeah, in the US they're also called "Vanity plates" but I've never heard of a secondary market for them. And I wonder what creates those insane values. I guess since the plates cover the whole of England where US plates cover a single state, there is less to choose from. Still seems extreme.

Bob, the most expensive plate in the UK is F 1, sold for £440,625.

Crazy or what?

Social source share

Guest proudlove

Seen 81ond on a Red Merc slk driven by a blonde laydee............8ULL is on a Lamborghini..........seen VOM1T ...on a Lada...................

Social source share

seen 800T1EG at a few venues......

TOOK ME AGES TO GET THE SOUL SON, LOL (BLAME THE VINO)..............AND THAT WAS ONLY 'COS I LOOKED AT THE DESCRIPTION RATHER THAN THE ACTUAL NUMBER PLATE, LOL...............I JUST THINK ANY PERSONALISED NUMBER PLATES ARE REALLY NAFF TO BE HONEST!!!!

:sleep3:

Edited by Carol J
Social source share

Is the seller SIMON SOU15ON?.......

:wicked:

:lol: That's the name that sprang to my mind, and in that case, it's a great number plate ... for him :thumbsup:

An ex-client of ours purchased S1, the first Scottish Registration number, I think he paid in the region of £400k for it, it was worth more than the ruddy car frusty2.gif

Edited by Alison H
Social source share

Guest allnightandy

Fiona Richmond (Remember her ?) back in the 70's had an E type Jag with the reg FU 2

and the law took her to court and she was made to remove it

Social source share

Bob, the most expensive plate in the UK is F 1, sold for £440,625.

Crazy or what?

you just blew my mind. i think i gotta go lie down now.

I still can't comprehend what generates these values... maybe just a lot of rich people in England who already have nice cars and want to take it to the next level.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!