Worst Soul Numberplate Ever ?

Guest allnightandy

you just blew my mind. i think i gotta go lie down now.

I still can't comprehend what generates these values... maybe just a lot of rich people in England who already have nice cars and want to take it to the next level.

Our ex-client had so much money, that he didn't know what to do with it, but he did donate millions to charity :thumbsup: He came from a humble background, and made his millions by inventing a product that's widely used by the military. Sadly, he died in 2010, leaving £340m to his family, of which they have donated millions to Charity too :thumbsup:

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Our ex-client had so much money, that he didn't know what to do with it, but he did donate millions to charity :thumbsup: He came from a humble background, and made his millions by inventing a product that's widely used by the military. Sadly, he died in 2010, leaving £340m to his family, of which they have donated millions to Charity too :thumbsup:

In the future in situations like this, please try to hook me up with a million or two. I promise they will be spent buying records and therefore preserving the history of soul music.

Social source share

Best I've seen was in Leeds quite a few years ago 'TYT 1S'

A little story about when I tried to get one to relate to a record shop in Leeds that I owned.

The Shop was called 'The Listening Booth', this is when you had to get through to the DVLA

on August 1st at 9.30 to reserve one of the new registrations (1989 this was). So on the phone I got and got straight through to the DVLA at bang on 9.30, I said I want to reserve a number plate and told her what I wanted, this was when the new plates were 'L' reg. I said I want to reserve 'L15 TEN', she said it's already been sold, I argued the toss and asked "how could it have when I have got straight through"?, She couldn't answer, but I know some rich TWAT will have reserved it before the date of registration.

I had to settle for my second choice of 'L30 OTH' (L Booth). had this a few years until the shop went into liquidation and the plate had to go with the stock.

P.S. The 'L15TEN' plate sold for £25.000 not so long back.

One of the best and most expensive music orientated ones I have seen is 'MU51CAL' Sold for approx' £55K'

Edited by Steve Luigi
Social source share

Bob current reg plates have two letters, two numbers, three letters ie MX01 BBB

previously it was one letter, three numbers, three letters ie P155 OFF

and much further back it was three letters, three numbers, one letter ie LWJ 289 D

I guess those stricter requirements also contribute to the smaller availability of options and the value I guess.

There is some dealer who used to come to record shows, the plate on his van was "I Buy 45s". It wasn't an Illinois plate, I forget what state he was from. I wonder if it ever got him records?

Social source share

Guest allnightandy

I beleive Jimmy Tarbuck has the reg COM1C

Bernard Manning reg 1 LAF said he should be made to take it off under the trades description act ! :D

Social source share

Alison and that would be the founder Jimi Heselden of Hesco Bastion ( they supply the armed forces with their barrier systems ) . Killed riding his Segway in Knaresborough :thumbsup:

Social source share

Far removed from Soul but there's the Beatles fan who has LET 178 E... (LET 17 8E = LET IT BE) and there's a guy in Huddersfield who drives a big f*ck off Bently / Roller with the plate WOM3N... Obviously needs a big car and fancy plate to make up for what he lacks in the trouser department :D

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Theres a guy round here who drives an Audio convertible and his number plate is M4NLY which I guess is meant to read MANLY, we p*ss ourselves when we see him due to him looking anything but, then I saw a Range Rover with an almost identical plate on it and I'm thinking well maybe thats his surname?

Social source share

I think that N 5OUL was on Manship a few years ago ?

nope, it was M 5OUL, i was gonna bid until my daughter told my wife..lol, think it went for about 850 ish,

went to a modern do a few months back and there was a chap in a white merc slk with 50ulr and i,ve a couple of gay mates who have N2 2MEN on there volvo

Social source share

Guest turntableterra

phil is the T7MLA plate on a merc converible? just remember passing one

a couple of years ago

I use to have LII SOUL on an audi quattro about 2000 it went to a soulie. now i have MR MOTOWN, having had MOTOWN. i have seen SOUL, KTF, SOUL DJ, SOUL 45, SOULMAN, DJ 1, GORDY. personally i think a plate like this helps you drive a bit more carefully as it is easy to recognise. johns plate is SDUL i think on the merc. and someone has t4mla, pos chris king.

Social source share

:hatsoff2: HI The best one I have seen was back in 1971 in SOHO a ROLLS belonging to the infamouse Mary Millington out side the Paul Raymond Review Club (Strip Club) and we actually saw Mary drive of in it , with all the young mans banter we could give her, the # was

FU2

The worst was at CLEATHORPS ALL NIGHTERS I cant remember what the car was but the # was R1KE5 or simular (TW*T) :g: Cheers Dave60

Social source share

Best one I have ever seen,not soul related,was FAB 1. Saw it twice round my neck of the woods,it was on a Celica[not a pink Rolls] about five years ago.

:hatsoff2: The PLATE FAB1 was owned by a car dealler from Hitchin Herts (so does Scratchin?) he and anouther car man who run the posh Masons Corner Garage in Hitchim , they built a replica of the Thunderbird ROLLS ROYCE, it was a roller except the coach work, they put the FAB 1 plates on, but just like John Lennon ROLS, the company passed some info and for years the car was of the road, the owner was a geezer his name was DICK SHERRIF,

So I am guessing the car you saw was not shocking pink? knowing DICK SHERRIF I bet the person payed a lot of £££££ for it? :rofl: DAVE60

• Helpful 1
Social source share

It will be a vintage plate from pre-1982 when a 7-digit format was introduced here. I'm sure a helpful anorak will come on and tell us exactly when LAT 1N was registered :)

thanks a lot. I'm still new to the complicated system of British vanity license plates. :)

Social source share

Guest proudlove

It will be a vintage plate from pre-1982 when a 7-digit format was introduced here. I'm sure a helpful anorak will come on and tell us exactly when LAT 1N was registered :)

1975..........10 years older than one of my cars CHM 291C........Anorak....moi.....

Social source share

Guest proudlove

I use to have LII SOUL on an audi quattro about 2000 it went to a soulie. now i have MR MOTOWN, having had MOTOWN. i have seen SOUL, KTF, SOUL DJ, SOUL 45, SOULMAN, DJ 1, GORDY. personally i think a plate like this helps you drive a bit more carefully as it is easy to recognise. johns plate is SDUL i think on the merc. and someone has t4mla, pos chris king.

L115 OUL I get,how can you have MRMOTOWN or MOTOWN in Britain,.......unless they are foreign plates.....

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!