Ronnie Mccain - This Time I'm Gone - Ever Played Out?

Mick Sway

Would have said it's pretty well established now .

Fantastic cross over tune ..infact it is a tune i would point in anyones direction when asking for "what is cross over" ?

Especially those people who dismiss cross over as nothing but boring chin stroker music :ohmy:

I remember playing it last yr at York charity weekender and John Parker came to the decks and gave it the thumbs up ..

Maybe because it's on the same label as Johnny Hunnicut ,a tune John has championed over the yrs .

Social source share

Guest uroffal

Not sure when first played, but was known early '80s (I've been after one since 1982 and it has always eluded me). Fantastic record.

Flip is a pretty decent dancer and has had some plays I think here and there. Would love to hear the alt flip of that acetate though.

Edited by uroffal
Social source share

i have a 7" jasina acetate of this with a different flip called the waiting game its really good also,,unfortuanatly its wrecked vinyl lifting managed to record it though and got another acetate made...

HI Steve

I wondered where that had gone ...one out of Rose Marie McCoy's basement along with Ronnie Forte (Abtone) ... I can't remember what the flip was like but recall it had some damage

My memory says this was pioneered by Pat Brady circa January 1983

Andy

• Helpful 1
Social source share

the very same one mate from roses basement i think the different flip is better than this time i'm gone,, i made sure i kept this one after that trip....

Oops .. Sorry Steve ... for some reason I had it in my mind that Rob and I picked it up the trip after you went on. I guess I saw it at Rob's and the passage of time has distorted my memory

If you're doing a clip I wouldn't mind hearing it again

Cheers

Andy

Social source share

found this in a junk shop 30 odd years ago always thought it was a great record ,but didnt fit in with what was being played back then.sadly sold it to rob smith with loads of other records for 200 quid. i think i might have lost out on that deal /oh well

Social source share

found this in a junk shop 30 odd years ago always thought it was a great record ,but didnt fit in with what was being played back then.sadly sold it to rob smith with loads of other records for 200 quid. i think i might have lost out on that deal /oh well

£200 was a lot of money 30 yrs ago ,so don't feel so bad ....hope you spent it well :)

Social source share

flip is "too much of a good thing"..........real nice

Always rated this side too :thumbsup:

[quote

name='timbob' timestamp='1327692065' post='1694764']

Social source share

I'm sure this got played here and there in the late 80s / early 90s. Possibly in East Anglia - Lowestoft nighters, perhaps?

I certainly used to play it out in Norwich at the Iron mongers PH and at the Norwich Backstreet nights .

Still a great record, my mate Richard has a copy too.

It has been lying low for a while now though.

cheers Frank

Social source share

I was gonna say this was about before Crossover was a twinkle in Rod Dearloves eye.

I bought this from Rod for next to nowt when Crossover was being 'invented' in the mid/late 80's

I knew it had had a few spins at Stafford prior to this too :thumbsup:

Was always going to be a monster............we just had to be patient :)

Social source share

knew that i'd played this out. after checking playlists i'd posted (not this site) finally found it, Jan 2008 at bonnyrigg soul nite. honestly doesn't seem that long ago but think that was my last dj spot although i'm meant to be coming out of retirement in a couple off months.

Social source share

Hammered in various places for the last decade to be honest.

...and longer Gareth....we used to play it at the Detroit Academicals nights in the early '80s....

...and before anyone says....yes, we were well aware it's NY and not Detroit.....

...we made plenty of exceptions for exceptional tunes... :yes:

Edited by Wrongcrowd
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

i got one from andy dyson for a tenner early 90`s after gettin it on a tape from john benson..i think andy had a few copies back then

Mine was from down that basement in Manchester - around 2 - 3 quid.

Oh yes, Goldmine Records, that's the place, they must have had a few copies in as my mate Kev Briscoe told me about it at the time.

Social source share

Mine was from down that basement in Manchester - around 2 - 3 quid.

Oh yes, Goldmine Records, that's the place, they must have had a few copies in as my mate Kev Briscoe told me about it at the time.

andy was workin for tim over 20 years ago and thats where andy`s copies filtered down from

dave

• Helpful 2
Social source share

• 4 months later...

HI Steve

I wondered where that had gone ...one out of Rose Marie McCoy's basement along with Ronnie Forte (Abtone) ... I can't remember what the flip was like but recall it had some damage

My memory says this was pioneered by Pat Brady circa January 1983

Andy

Are Ronnie McCain and Forte one and the same as credits for Whisky Talkin is McCain as mentioned in this thread.

https://indangerousrh...key-talkin.html

Is there a connection between Tarx and Triode?

Regards

Edited by theothertosspot
Social source share

• 4 years later...

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!