What's Your Favourite All Nighter Record Ever By A White Artist

Not sure if this has been done before but over the years we have had 100s of nighter tunes recorded by white singers ,so what's your favourite and why, mines Lynne Randell stranger in my arms because it was one of the first records I heard on my 1st trip to Wigan and sounded awesome coming out of them speakers

Social source share

Guest lambrettanik

yep have to agree with the tony galla tune,gill benal "can you love a poor boy"is in my opinion a great "ender" to an allnighter

Social source share

The list is endless

rufus lumley - i'm standing, stronger than me

dean parrish - i'm on my way

stemmons express - woman love thief

reflections - like adam and eve, just like romeo and juliet

judy street - what

johnny vanelli - seven days of loving you

vondells - hey girl you changed (unsure whether white or not)

dana valery - you don't know where your interest lies

helen shapiro - stop and become aware

larry santos - you got me where you want me

rain - out of my mind

reparata - panic

freddie chavez - they'll never know why (hispanic maybe but he's not black)

shane martin - i need you

mark loyd - when I'm gonna find her

idle few - people thats why

cajun hart - got to find a way

embers - watch out girl

david & the giants - ten miles high

len barry - you baby

be here all day

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Guest allnightandy

One of my all time fave's

April Stevens

Lindy Stevens

Spencer Davis

Timi Yuro

Bob Brady

Danny Wagner

Beverly ann

Peggy March

Jackie Trent

R Dean Taylor

and on

Edited by allnightandy
Social source share

Guest Matt Male

Susan Rafey - You Can't Say/Hurt So Bad

The Nomads - Somethings Bad

Sure i've seen a pic of them somewhere. (anyone confirm they are white?)

Edited by Matt Male
Social source share

Idle Few:

The Idle Few were born of the Arlington Kings'Men from 1964. When they decided to cut a 45, the other Kingsmen (maybe you have heard of "Louie Louie"), kinda stood in the way of the Kingsmen name.

Members included:

idle_few-dunwich.jpgRick Webster - guitarist

Ronnie Bennett - Sax - Lead Vocals

Greg Taggart - Bass

Dan McLean - drums

Mark Grey - organ

Hear Farmer John andAnother World here.

There is an ongoing debate as to whether the Idle Few also did aidle_few-soma.jpg

45 on Blue Book with the titles "people that's why / land of dreams". I say not the same, but if I'm wrong, please let me know!!!

Update 1: Jason sent a scan showing the writer credits on the Blue Book 45. I'm sure now it's the same Idle Few. Now I have to get that 45.

Update 2: Did you notice the "Skeet Bushor" production tag? Skeet played in the "Boys Next Door" and had writer credits on the "Sounds Unlimited" 45. Great guy to keep your eye on!

Social source share

Original posters Lynn Randell is a good choice.

Lots a big white tunes at Wigan, although not sure about the soulfulness now, the lines were blurry in those days, helped by certain dj's who would play anything it seemed, but at Wigan, two blued eyed tracks that got there fair share of hammer on the turntables & always liked were Paul Anka's When We Get There & Lou Roberts Everthing You Always Wanted To Know About Love.

Just remembered another, JC Messina Time Won't Let Me (covered as Bob Segar), seen one of these go for $9 the other day.

O.T. Question??

I was watching a copy of Rose Brooks, I'm Moanin on Soul City go for $330 dollars last night, it was a red issue, I've only seen white demos, how rare is the issue?

Aid.

Social source share

I like most of them mentioned...my two faves have got to be Mickey Moonshine-Name It You Got It...and This Beautiful Day-Solomon King...if am allowed a couple more...I Cant Deny The Hurt- Pal Rakes....Our Love(Gonna Be Stronger Than Ever.)- The Counts....i so luv them last 2.....Delxxxx

Social source share

chris clarke-somethings wrong awesome tune as good as any black female atrtist 100mph tune

How about..I Wanna Go Back Here Again..by Chris Clarke....heard it on a Thursday night on Radio Hereward...went to Memory Lane record shop in Northampton....found it there on the Saturday....was well fooking pleased :D ..Del..xxx

Social source share

How about..I Wanna Go Back Here Again..by Chris Clarke....heard it on a Thursday night on Radio Hereward...went to Memory Lane record shop in Northampton....found it there on the Saturday....was well fooking pleased :D ..Del..xxx

Allways liked Chris Clark loves gone bad/ put yourself in my place, great double sider, only found out recently she done a cover of tammi terrells come on and see me
Social source share

Guest gordon russell

I genuinely didn't realise the "Idle Few" were white - who were they?

Des

IDLE FEW.............you,begsy and adam topping :D

Social source share

Guest gordon russell

I don't think anybody has mentioned Kiki Dee? Magic Carpet Ride always reminds me of my first times.

................and I had no idea Idle Few were white either. Another of my faves.

poo!

Social source share

Using WC (the post pop period) as a reference there are a few white sounds that bring back great memories for different reasons:

The Present, Many's The Slip (you could probably hear the clapping in Warrington on a good night with the wind in the right direction)

The Seeds - Pushing Too Hard - (garage/punk/freakbeat and maybe a little soul if you don't know they're white) Always reminds me of my first night at WC standing on the balcony in front of the record booth.

The already mentioned Chapter 5. Atmospheric.

My favourite though has to be one of the first pressings I ever bought: Dean Parrish, Determination.

Mas

Edited by maslar
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!