Butch C/u - Jean Carter

Markw

You useless lot!!!!!
-Hiya markw-the Decca Acetate, eh!!!!; I am also interested in who this is-I did once suggest, to Butch, that it was Reparata(!)-perhaps, as far as answering your Q., there is 'Omerta' in the brother and sisterhood.....It is a brilliant track, though, isn't it... :rolleyes:
Social source share

-Hiya markw-the Decca Acetate, eh!!!!; I am also interested in who this is-I did once suggest, to Butch, that it was Reparata(!)-perhaps, as far as answering your Q., there is 'Omerta' in the brother and sisterhood.....It is a brilliant track, though, isn't it... :rolleyes:

Thanks for the reply mate. I agree, fantastic, proper dancer - pounding beat, blaring horns, soaring vocals. Still covered up then?

Social source share

Thanks for the reply mate. I agree, fantastic, proper dancer - pounding beat, blaring horns, soaring vocals. Still covered up then?
As far as I know-Butch is at the 100 Club next Weekend, so, if I go, I will be able to find out, ( if he plays it!!!!!); this one has stuck in my mind, as much as yours, I see.

Thinking about it, I do think it is, for some reason, a 'New York' style production; also, the soaring vocals-they might give a clue to the actual title.

I do wonder, sometimes, if, in these situations, and with Modern Recording Technology, if it is worth asking the DJ concerned if they would copy it to a CD, for personal enjoyment..... :rolleyes:

Social source share

As far as I know-Butch is at the 100 Club next Weekend, so, if I go, I will be able to find out, ( if he plays it!!!!!); this one has stuck in my mind, as much as yours, I see.

Thinking about it, I do think it is, for some reason, a 'New York' style production; also, the soaring vocals-they might give a clue to the actual title.

I do wonder, sometimes, if, in these situations, and with Modern Recording Technology, if it is worth asking the DJ concerned if they would copy it to a CD, for personal enjoyment..... :rolleyes:

I thought this was in the public demain anyway?

Social source share

SUPER WANK MATERIAL

MAKES ME MOIST

HE ALWAYS PLAYS IT FOR ME

AS A REQUEST WHEN HE IS UP IN ABERDEEN

ROLL ON MARCH 11th

WHEN HE IS BACK in the Granite City

for the Anniversary..

come on peeps

someone somewhere must have a full version to post up..

or even PM it to me..

PLEASE

Social source share

Guest Kill_a_pig

just to counter-balance the whole thing , i don't like it

not that my opinion is worth anything lolol

Davie

Oh dear.

What a terrible noise. Appears that we are in the minority. Each to their own :wave:

Social source share

Guest Kill_a_pig

when you hear it over a proper system, off your face at a nighter :wave: the record is just awesome... :yes::wave:

Each to their own as I said but I simply don't get it.

Northern and Soul don't neccessarily have to be linked for me to like a tune. That this is most probably sung by a white teenager and poorly at that (imho) has no bearing on my opinion of this.

Can people actually dance to this? It seems too fast for Northern!

Social source share

I think it's a bit difficult to gauge if you are only basing it on a 30 second sample but I am not going to put myself in a position where I get bollocked all over town for putting the whole thing up, so apologies for that. It's a great northern dancer for sure, but to my ears it's no better than something like Judy Street. Reminds me a bit of parts of I Worship You Baby.

Social source share

I think it's a bit difficult to gauge if you are only basing it on a 30 second sample but I am not going to put myself in a position where I get bollocked all over town for putting the whole thing up, so apologies for that. It's a great northern dancer for sure, but to my ears it's no better than something like Judy Street. Reminds me a bit of parts of I Worship You Baby.

definately one to be heard out LOUD...soundclip doesn't do it justice.

Social source share

Guest Trevski

Totally awesome! laugh.gif

Traditional, uptempo, storming female Northern!

If I had hair, it would be stood on end listening to this!

Edited by Trevski
Social source share

It's a great northern dancer for sure, but to my ears it's no better than something like Judy Street. Reminds me a bit of parts of I Worship You Baby.

it sounds like a pop tin-can recording on the sound-clip, more like one of us trying to sing it than the real record. Honestly Pete, the orchestration, pounding beat and even the voice - is a million times better 'live and loud' - it REALLY DOES make you want to dance to it :lol: .

Really a record worth getting the lounge-soulies out for :lol:

m

Social source share

it sounds like a pop tin-can recording on the sound-clip, more like one of us trying to sing it than the real record. Honestly Pete, the orchestration, pounding beat and even the voice - is a million times better 'live and loud' - it REALLY DOES make you want to dance to it :lol: .

Really a record worth getting the lounge-soulies out for :lol:

m

I've got it in perfect quality Maria, just thought I'd better not put it up so I recorded it in low quality - again, it's pretty good, heard a lot better :lol:

Social source share

its brilliant :lol:

one i will be dancing to this weekend at the 100 club if we can get him to play it :D

Shane

30 seconds tells me its great. Probably white but so what. Real NS. :lol:

one i will be dancing to this weekend at the 100 club if we can get him to play it :D

Shane

Social source share

like a few have said on here, it does sound great when played loud. exactly my kind of thing. marvellous

shane

Social source share

Shane

Good chance of that I'd say. Regular spin etc. Fantastic pacey dancer, right when your'e on it. :lol: Super stuff. :lol:

He's a good egg with the old requests is old Butch, JC, Lady in Green ... :lol:

Simsy

Social source share

Ta for the clip Pete - sounds like a typical Torch sound to me, and from my perspective, that's always a good thing.

This might be a daft question, but, from everything I've heard, Butch seems to be the leading NS DJ in the country; so...... how come?

I mean, how does he get so many exclusives that no-one else can get their hands on?

Is Butch a big money spender or just a great crate digger/soul detective?

Edited by Dayo
Social source share

Ta for the clip Pete - sounds like a typical Torch sound to me, and from my perspective, that's always a good thing.

This might be a daft question, but, from everything I've heard, Butch seems to be the leading NS DJ in the country; so...... how come?

I mean, how does he get so many exclusives that no-one else can get their hands on?

Probably be easier to list the sounds he hasn't got I'd think. Frank Wilson ... Antellects .? ... :lol:

Social source share

For me this post sums it up - big money, if it was a thirty quidder, I don't think anybody would touch it with a barge pole. top ten my arse :lol:

Social source share

He's been to the states many times over the years. He's made contacts from the industry, and I believe he has been buying vinyl heavily since the early 70s, when they were dirt cheap. Many of the one off's that he has, he's had for many years. Even his cover up's from 20 years ago, that have been uncovered, are still dog rare i.e. Mellow Souls, Mac Statten, Stormy Winters etc. The man has put the time, effort and money in, and if you haven't heard him, I would recomend you do. You don't get to be No.1 over night, and Butch is number one. No doubt about it.

• Helpful 3
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!