Andy Dysons Podcast

I am just listening to this podcast , what a fab way to hear sounds that are not played as the norm by the "apostles" of soul .

Have to applaud Andy for doing this. Not many with such a collection would advertise its contents on the net , keeping them close so that you had to travel to hear them.

Well not anymore ! and well done you for doing it . This is the kind of attitude that takes the scene forward .

I would like to thank Andy for all of us that do struggle to go to nighters that appreciate those sounds that are just not available to us at soul nights.

I do hope many more follow his lead .

So many great tracks I have not heard before , it really is a joy to hear them.

Can anyone tell me who sings Take a look ?

Edited by Carms
Social source share

Is that Emory & Dynamics on Peachtree?

M

C and M,

Yes - "Let's Take A Look At Our Life" - Emory & Dynamics on Peachtree

Thanks also go to Chalky for these podcasts.

Is this the one that has "Things That A Lady Ain't Suppose To Do" as that's the same group but called "The Four Dynamics" also on Peachtree.

Martin - Hope you're being good, celery and carrot juice?

ATB John

Social source share

C and M,

Is this the one that has "Things That A Lady Ain't Suppose To Do" as that's the same group but called "The Four Dynamics" also on Peachtree.

ATB John

I believe Emory & the Dynamics became the Four Dynamics for William Bell's label.

I'm being good John!!!

Social source share

C and M,

ATB John

Yes thats the one, thanks for the info . Listening to Chalkys now :) fab sounds !

• Helpful 1
Social source share

They are the same group but "Emory" had left the group, hence the "Four Dynamics". They recorded under both names on the label.

Dare I ask how much are we talking ? bet its expensive . By the way the i believe in you track is delightful ! I really like the one that follows . One woman man ? wow !

Oh whats great about these Podcast is I can download thme on my ipod ! and can sit and listen to them on journeys ..perfect !

Thank you so much xx

Edited by Carms
Social source share

Fu............n hell chalks I just love "Never let go" ! Oh what have i been missing ! I bet I am really late on appreciating these sounds . all I can say is if you have not downloaded these Pods .... get doing it now ! superb sounds.

Are you at Skeggy Chalks ... any plans for you and Andy to play there ? I haven't been in a while in fact the last time I saw you was there . More rooms now .

I just love this harmonica track ...let your little light shiiiiiiiiiiine baby ....10/10 for this one !

Well its very consistant , not a bad tune in the bunch .

Edited by Carms
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

It's never been a grand, I would say £400- 600. I had an issue which is much rarer, but I struggled to sell it. It's not a popular record with the masses. The 4 dynamics is very rare, and to be honest a much better 45.

I agree with this. Otherwise I wouldn't have the "take a look" 45 (which has a really nice sweet side, "it sure would be nice"), as I'm not paying a grand for the record. I've only seen the four dynamics for sale like twice.

Social source share

I am just listening to this podcast , what a fab way to hear sounds that are not played as the norm by the "apostles" of soul .

Have to applaud Andy for doing this. Not many with such a collection would advertise its contents on the net , keeping them close so that you had to travel to hear them.

Well not anymore ! and well done you for doing it . This is the kind of attitude that takes the scene forward .

I would like to thank Andy for all of us that do struggle to go to nighters that appreciate those sounds that are just not available to us at soul nights.

I do hope many more follow his lead .

So many great tracks I have not heard before , it really is a joy to hear them.

Can anyone tell me who sings Take a look ?

If i remember the idea of the podcast was to give people a idea of what Lifeline was about - hopefully attracting a few new folk who weren't quite familiar with the music we play there.Since then playlists of all the dj's change slightly ,the goal posts have moved a little and we have to on the whole be a customer friendly niter - ie at the time of this podcast we could play more 70's and the so called "funkier " influenced dancers ,but the dance floor reaction at the moment dictates a more traditional upfront 60's flavour ! I must admit i am a big believer that people should travel to venues to hear something different ... but of course this isn't always possible, anyways glad you enjoyed the music which is the main thing.

Social source share

there you have it. current value

The shop floor is always the best litmus test for price feedback etc although the bay is the yard stick knowledge hunters follow,they haven't a clue as to what deals are being done by many dealers and collectors -day in and day out....

Social source share

The shop floor is always the best litmus test for price feedback etc although the bay is the yard stick knowledge hunters follow,they haven't a clue as to what deals are being done by many dealers and collectors -day in and day out....

True Mr Dyson very true.... Now how the heck do ya do a podcast is it anything to do with sittin in a egg shaped pod like Mork from Ork...

• Helpful 1
Social source share

True Mr Dyson very true.... Now how the heck do ya do a podcast is it anything to do with sittin in a egg shaped pod like Mork from Ork...

Ian mate ,don't ask me Chalky came to my house and i handed him a few 45's ,i wouldn't know where to start... i just charged him £50 per record to record them ! ah.. only joking it was more....

• Helpful 3
Social source share

Did you have a spare then Ted?

Na! this is another one he'll regret selling. :rofl: It's about time this ol' Guy Hennigan Stafford spin re-emerged from under the shade of "The Things A Lady Ain't Supposed To Do"

Now then what did Guy have it covered up as :g: Where's that Chalky when you need him?

Dave

Social source share

Na! this is another one he'll regret selling. :rofl: It's about time this ol' Guy Hennigan Stafford spin re-emerged from under the shade of "The Things A Lady Ain't Supposed To Do"

Now then what did Guy have it covered up as :g: Where's that Chalky when you need him?

Dave

Can't agree with that Dave. "Things a lady ain't supposed to do" is far superior in every department. Better song, better production, and better vocals.

"Let's take a look at our life" Emory's voice becomes quite grating after a while, in fact the whole thing starts to irritate, and I wouldn't buy it again. Unless it was cheap and I could sell it on that is.

It's one of the loudest records I've ever heard too by the way. You need to adjust the levels on the mixer when you play it out otherwise you will get distortion and deafen everyone.

The fact is, the dance floor decides. Play the two records in the same set [i have] and see the reaction.

Social source share

no just needed the money Martin hopew you are feeeling better

I hope to a DJ so that it gets plenty of play.

I'm on road to recovery and hope to get out to solid hit near the end of feb. Would like to do lifeline but not sure I'll manage an allnighter.

thanks for asking.

M

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Can't agree with that Dave. "Things a lady ain't supposed to do" is far superior in every department. Better song, better production, and better vocals.

"Let's take a look at our life" Emory's voice becomes quite grating after a while, in fact the whole thing starts to irritate, and I wouldn't buy it again. Unless it was cheap and I could sell it on that is.

It's one of the loudest records I've ever heard too by the way. You need to adjust the levels on the mixer when you play it out otherwise you will get distortion and deafen everyone.

The fact is, the dance floor decides. Play the two records in the same set [i have] and see the reaction.

Hi Phil

I'm not comparing the quality of either 45against each other just saying that "Let's Take A Look" is about due for a reactivation., the trouble is the Four Dynamics is a current biggy and Emory is a forgotten sound. Also some records never hit the bigtime first time round or even the second infact some have to make more comebacks than

George Bast to hit the bigtime. There's none so fickle as northern folk. :g:

Edited by Louise
Social source share

If I had 600 quid spare and "Take A Look" came along I'd probably buy it, it would be for me, for my collection and not with a view to selling on when I got fed up with life. I can't imagine why anyone would try and compare two different records as well, both great records IMO in their own right.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

If I had 600 quid spare and "Take A Look" came along I'd probably buy it, it would be for me, for my collection and not with a view to selling on when I got fed up with life. I can't imagine why anyone would try and compare two different records as well, both great records IMO in their own right.

sounds like it's time to break out the "poll" functionality

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!