Illusions - Crying Days Are Over

Guest Andy Kempster

Guest Andy Kempster

or does this sound very messy and alien, probably just the fact i am so used to the original but it just doesn't sound right to me

Edited by Andy Kempster
Social source share

I thought this was a new recording based on the reference to sampling? To be fair on their sales site it comes over as being advertised as a new recording, to me anyway.

I had a listen to clip and it sounded well done, but new.

Sure the guys are on here to confirm or otherwise.

Social source share

I thought this was a new recording based on the reference to sampling? To be fair on their sales site it comes over as being advertised as a new recording, to me anyway.

I had a listen to clip and it sounded well done, but new.

Sure the guys are on here to confirm or otherwise.

I think there's a light out on your quality control panel, Jock :thumbsup:

Edited by Godzilla
Social source share

What the fu@k have they done?.....They have gone somewhere they should never have gone!!!

Some things are just soooo off limits :shhh:

Edited by Guest
Social source share

I think there's a light out on your quality control panel, Jock :thumbsup:

You mean me thinking its new or me saying its well done? I didn't say it was good, just a fairly impressive piece of sampling, which is what I thought it was based on below? I didn't say however, go on look carefully oh thorny one, that it was any good.

A brand new hook filled song and superb female vocal over iconic Detroit instrumental gem "Exus Trek" which has been legally sampled.

My ears are perfect, the tinnitus makes me appreciate anything with cymbals crashing even more now!

Social source share

Guest Matt Male

Glad he puts a link on his Facebook site so I can avoid buying shite like that.

I thought it was going to be another version of the Kelly Brothers. Now I know. :thumbsup:

Edited by Matt Male
Social source share

Simon Soussan eat your heart out - tailor made tosh to make a buck. I would very much prefer that we leave this thread alone now, so it sinks without trace, otherwise we're just giving it free advertising.

No doubt there will be some 'big' reveal as to who the artist actually is...yawn!!!

Best Russ

Edited by Russ Vickers
Social source share

• 7 years later...

Norma Jenkins & Larry & the hippies are actual 60's recordings  Norma Jenkins being a mega rarety on maltese and Larry & hippies an unreleased side  from toddlin town. The illusions tracks been Taylor made for the northern scene using exus trex as a backing track.  I doubt it's legit as well knowing who's behind it. 

Social source share

i have been biting my lip since this re-surfaced on SS (only for the fear of a bit of backlash) since the orig' post in 2012- and rarely, if ever do i comment on vocals/melody, etc, etc, (each to his/her own),  and i don't wish to comment on any of that this time either...but what if it came to light that this was some obscure 'master tape' that had been resurrected, and lets say "re-purposed"-or as they say "sampled/ background" (pick any of many..e.g 5 wagers, Vows, Traits, etc , etc, etc). 

Would we feel the same about it? 

Hey...just a question. I'm not that taken with the track myself- But...you know i've heard worse "covers".

• Up vote 2
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!