Dave And Jordi Ripolles Guest On 'soul People', Solar Radio This Sunday 5Th Of Feb

DtheD

Guest Nick Harrison

:thumbsup: enjoyed the first hour with the current popular sounding delights of Business Before Pleasure - Im In The Prime Of Love (Stang). The dirty ghetto raw funk sound on Split Records of The Double O Demingo's - Colour One Tear Black Part 2............(Thanks Dave Thorley). And the South's Daybreak.

Hour two :thumbup: loved that 45 by The Singing Tornado's :thumbsup: Doc Peabody and Chuck Stephens ................... staying tuned.

Thanks.

Edited by Nick Harrison
Social source share

Guest Nick Harrison

Honestly, best two hours of radio ive ever heard !

Rob

:lol: :lol: a little harsh on Ken Bruce and the pop master listeners - Robert :P .

Social source share

Guest Brett F

Just brilliant, probably the best radio show i think i've heard, fabulous choice of music, two good fellas' with outstanding taste. Thanks Solar 'Soul People' for continuing to showcase the very best record collectors on the planet.

Social source share

Thanks to Chalky for being thoughful.

Here are the download links for today's show, which should also allow people to stream (i.e. just play it from the website)

SoulPeople05Feb12 - Dave and Jordi Ripolles (full show)

SoulPeople05Feb12 - Dave and Jordi Ripolles (part 1)

SoulPeople05Feb12 - Dave and Jordi Ripolles (part 2)

The part 1 and part 2 files will fit on to CDRs

All the best,

Zane

• Helpful 3
Social source share

Great show Dave and Jordi

Enjoyed it and added some wants to list (that i will prob never get!)

That "Life is a miracle" CU is fantastic as is Ishola Muhammad.

Take it easy and see ya soon

Phil

Nice one MisterFish for discovering Ishola Muhammad - tune!

Thanks Zane/Chalky for to links

Edited by grumpyfella
Social source share

I'd just like to thank everyone for saying such nice things about the show, it was a real pleasure to do it, Steve Plumb did a great job in making us sound half decent, hopefully the many tourette influenced outtakes that ended up on the studio cutting room floor won't be used against us. :thumbup:

Jordi

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Great show Jordi and Dave, some excellent choices in there. You two are radio naturals :D When can we hear the out takes then :lol:

You don't wanna go there Chalky...................I've a dossier of outtakes from all the guests who i've engineered and will use them for blackmail purposes whenever i can :wicked:

For instance i've a great one on Dave R and it'll only cost Ishola Muhammad to keep me quiet :D

Cheers

Steve

ps I was playing the second hour to a mate in the car on the way home from Lowton last night and we were so engrossed in the tuneage that we missed the motorway turn off and ended up miles out of our way!

Social source share

Wow! Totally overwhelmed by everyone's comments and positive feedback from the show, not just on here but Facebook and in person too....we had great fun doing it, and if Jordi (and Steve) says 'yes' we'll be doing a few more between now and next year.

Steve, it'll take a bit more than my bloopers to prise the Ishola Mohammad 45 out of my hands, and from what he told me this week about how his inbox has suddenly expanded, you're not the only one who fancies a copy!

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

The Ishola Muhhammad is fab, the whole show was amazing in fact !!!....with regards to the Ishola Mahammad, along with the rest of the soul fraternity 'I WANT ONE' so please dont be shy, if incredibly anyone has a copy for sale PM me.

Fantastic show lads thank you very much....

Best Russ

Think you'll be very lucky Russ. Apart from the first one I found the only other came direct from the artist.

Edited by Mister Fish
Social source share

• 1 year later...

Thanks to Chalky for being thoughful.

Here are the download links for today's show, which should also allow people to stream (i.e. just play it from the website)

SoulPeople05Feb12 - Dave and Jordi Ripolles (full show)

SoulPeople05Feb12 - Dave and Jordi Ripolles (part 1)

SoulPeople05Feb12 - Dave and Jordi Ripolles (part 2)

The part 1 and part 2 files will fit on to CDRs

All the best,

Zane

Still got the files?

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!