Soulsmith

• Replies 8
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Guest turntableterra

Bloody hell, given the competition thats some statement......... :P :P

absoulutley PMSL....................................

Social source share

Ian D :D

I did see the other thread I guess, but didn't make the connection.

I actually like looking in delusional or crazy record dealer's stores (especially if the stock is priced) because there's usually gems hidden in there due to the seller's ignorance and the distaste people have in going through the store. Also, if you play along with the craziness and agree with his prices and then act like the "garbage" you're buying is just random, the seller gets on your side. it's like a game.

There was this store in new orleans where the owner was so delusional and the prices were so high that there wasn't anything hidden and priced reasonably. His 45s were unpriced and anything you pulled out he would just say like "$50" and there was nothing there. As I was leaving he went to the back of the store and clearly began to smoke pot there. I was so annoyed with that loser I almost called the cops but didn't have the energy after spending time in his crappy store.

Social source share

I actually like looking in delusional or crazy record dealer's stores (especially if the stock is priced) because there's usually gems hidden in there due to the seller's ignorance and the distaste people have in going through the store.

There was this store in new orleans where the owner was so delusional and the prices were so high....His 45s were unpriced and anything you pulled out he would just say like "$50" and there was nothing there.

Cos I'm such a loose lay and have a high tolerance to nutballs especially when looking for vinyl I'll quite happily wade through overpriced stuff all day long.

Been to lots of places in the states where every record's $20 but that just seems to make me look harder 'cos you know sooner or later you'll find summat thats $100 and with a sweet innocent smile you ask the price.

His reply gives you that warm glow inside that makes it all worthwhile.

derek

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!