News:Old Venue Revived for a new All Nighter

The Carleton, Morecambe was a legendary venue back in the early 80's.

Still in fine shape with many new additions, the glory days are heading for a return on 2 Bank Holiday Weekends in 2006.

NORTHERN/MODERN SOUL APLENTY!

May 28th and August 27th see All Nighters 9pm-6am in 2 rooms with DJ's; Kev Roberts, Richard Searling, Ginger Taylor, Mick H, Neil Jones, Bob Hinsley, Kenny Burrell, Barry Maleedy and Guest DJ's.

A superb venue!  Tickets on sale now from Discount Disc Tel; 01782-266888 or on line at www.goldsoul.co.uk

https://www.soul-source.co.uk/news/...p?storyid=12512

Social source share

• Replies 7
  • Views 934
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

had some great nighters there in the mid to late 80s under shaun gibbons

not exactly cutting edge but used to be packed. then went up one week and it was almost empty...like someone had flipped a switch or something. must have been competition i spose but it was very odd and much lamented...if not for those horrible national express coach journeys up from birmingham digbeth. back down on the sunday morning, cramped up in those seats four five hours, was like pure torture, literally some of the worst hours of my life :D

Social source share

had some great nighters there in the mid to late 80s under shaun gibbons

not exactly cutting edge but used to be packed. then went up one week and it was almost empty...like someone had flipped a switch or something. must have been competition i spose but it was very odd and much lamented...if not for those horrible national express coach journeys up from birmingham digbeth. back down on the sunday morning, cramped up in those seats four five hours, was like pure torture, literally some of the worst hours of my life :D

===

my best nights in morecambe were on the pier

these were fantastic all niters ,,absolutely packed!!

Social source share

Guest Gavin Page

===

my best nights in morecambe were on the pier

these were fantastic all niters ,,absolutely packed!!

The pier nights was one of the nighters I cut my teeth at :dance: being a youngster. Really great times :D

Social source share

Nice to see Morecambe getting back on the soul scene between the pier and the carleton rooms i had many a good nite up that way.

I remember there were a few shenanigans between those venues, aint it always the way. Didn`t one get cancelled with no warning once & travelling soulies get locked out. Might be wrong.

Tom.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!