DANCE STYLE?

Haydn

Just wondering how many different styles of dancing people give it when they are in full swing.

I like the odd stomper to get my bones stretched and obviously different styles of dancing come on with a certain type of record, but what do you think is your style alone that picks you out from the crowd?

H.

Social source share

• Replies 8
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I like to dance with a pint to mid tempo tunes while doing kung fu kicks and endless spins, i think the mix of talc and beer make for a great dancefloor...That reminds me of the all nighters at the scooter runs in the 80s..I hope Dave Rimmer don't read this..He thinks the drinkers should stay in there seats..Too many people out on the dancefloor waving there hands about, put a beer in one and a fag in the other, it look cooooooooooool..Hope i have not lost the respect of others for my honest post????????????

Social source share

Guest Johnny One Trout

That's exactly how i dance Steve fag in one hand (at least) pint in the other but my favourite move is the jumpy up in the air and do the block splits in mid air, drop down, spin, splits and then a cartwheel. It does take a lot of practice to do this without spilling all my beer or burning some other dancer but it is worth it in the end, anyway if i do accidentally burn someone i nearly always spill my drink on the burn to cool them off after ;o) After all manners cost nothing do they Dave Rimmer taught me that (not the manners thing, the dance moves!)

JoT

Social source share

woteva record is on "spinning top" is playing in my head. My 50" bottoms (of my trouser legs not my ar8e) tho tend to cause some turbulance and can annoy anyone nearby wearing a swirly dress. After a few spins i tend to start bumping into people but its a great way of offering your hand for a shake (less like Steve their holding a beer in one and fag in other hand)..then i intoduce the handclap this really should be done without holding a beer but hey ur only young twice....after a while i become real unsteady and stagger of the floor leaning a bit to the left a la John Wayne looking to see where my beer towel ended up, this is a great look if a two stepper is playin at the time.

Danny d

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

As with most people, I think I'm a lot better dancer than I actually am. At 2am at any given nighter there are several hundred 'best dancers in the world'.

Have you ever seen video footage of yourself dancing in the cold light of the day - VERY SCARY. I look like a sweaty jelly baby (usually lemon flavour!).

By the way, Just for the record, I have seen Brett dancing. Either that or he was crossing the dancefloor for almost an hour!! (It was very dark, bless him!!)

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!