Larry Houston - Let's Spend Some Time Together

selecterDJkirk

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 

• 1 month later...

Pete,

The one on the right is the first press. I got (allegedly) the second copy when it started getting plays and as it was going big which cost me £50 at the time, possibly the only record that I would lose money on if I sold it now. The second run has the bigger type font on the white / red label. Then there's the later true second issue with the red label, remixed slighly and without the "Ooh" in the break towards the end. I've also had a twelve with the red / white label that apparently is non -existent, but its out there along with "Promise" that also got a 12 release.

Steve

Social source share

Pete,

The one on the right is the first press. I got (allegedly) the second copy when it started getting plays and as it was going big which cost me £50 at the time, possibly the only record that I would lose money on if I sold it now. The second run has the bigger type font on the white / red label. Then there's the later true second issue with the red label, remixed slighly and without the "Ooh" in the break towards the end. I've also had a twelve with the red / white label that apparently is non -existent, but its out there along with "Promise" that also got a 12 release.

Steve

£50 notes :( back in 1979 is worth about :rofl: £1000 now :shhh:

Top Cat..... what a record, I'm sure I would of paid that it was massive.

Edited by Prophonics 2029
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Guest Nick Harrison

So having read all the above information - is it now clear to firmly establish that the original/first press can be identified as follows :

A - Lower case lettered title.

B - Time of 3:04

C - Audio Labs stamped in run off

D - Hand etched number of HFM 001B also in run off.

Yes ?

As Pete's copy on the right in post 9 - correct !!

Edited by Nick Harrison
Social source share

So having read all the above information - is it now clear to firmly establish that the original/first press can be identified as follows :

A - Lower case lettered title.

B - Time of 3:04

C - Audio Labs stamped in run off

D - Hand etched number of HFM 001B also in run off.

Yes ?

As Pete's copy on the right in post 9 - correct !!

thats what it looks like nick.. but steve g is saying the upper case copies were done pretty much soon after.. is there another label sign all one colour.. redddy orange :g: ..and when was that done

Social source share

Guest Nick Harrison

is there another label sign all one colour.. redddy orange :g: ..and when was that done

Is it safe to assume Dave,

that the "all coloured label" is the boot, as all the HMFP recorded products had the same common label design. So is HMFP 1005 the longer version on a 45 ?

:g:

Bet Mr Glyn Thornhill could shed some serious confirmation on the above, well hopefully. :)

Social source share

• 2 months later...

As far as i can recall the 1 on the right would be the first press as i still have this somewhere & its the same copy that i got off Dave Withers or Rod Shard arround 79/80, it was the second copy at that time & if you need a good larf it stands me at both Ever Agains ( thats Bernie & Gene ) ouch!

Wow! There's a rumour that a mutual friend may just have traded Cheatin Kind for one as well....:shhh:

Back then they were just records.

Edited by Steve G
Social source share

• 8 years later...
On 19/03/2012 at 17:06, Pete S said:

On the two I put up above, the lower case title has an Audio Lab stamped matrix, the other has a weird squiggle matrix.

Just looked at a copy here ... red/white label with the lowercase title text

Audio Labs on the a-side matrix only

Don't know if this what people are describing as the "stamp" though

Sorry, not the best pic - but tricky one to photograph

Anyone confirm please?

Cheers

Richard

Audio Labs.jpg

Social source share