Fluorescent Smogg For Sag War Fare

Guest Antony Meijer

Guest Antony Meijer

This maybe a futile attempt but here goes: i'm looking to trade a lovely copy of Fluorescent Smogg's - All My Life on WG for an equally lovely copy of Sag War Fare's - Don't be Jive on Libra. ???

Social source share

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 

Hi Antony :wave:

You being from Antwerp ...you might like R&B ?, as many do over there , excuse my ignorance if not .

I have got shit loads of R&B a whole box which I would swap your FS if you are interested plus it would come to the best of homes and I would polish and smile at it every day and it would save me spending all that money so I could feed my 8 starving children.

Come on folks you can't blame me for trying..... Well it worked to get me Larry Laster from that lovely American chap :rofl:

Social source share

Guest Antony Meijer

Hi Antony :wave:

You being from Antwerp ...you might like R&B ?, as many do over there , excuse my ignorance if not .

I have got shit loads of R&B a whole box which I would swap your FS if you are interested plus it would come to the best of homes and I would polish and smile at it every day and it would save me spending all that money so I could feed my 8 starving children.

Come on folks you can't blame me for trying..... Well it worked to get me Larry Laster from that lovely American chap :rofl:

I was about to go ahead with your nice and heartfelt proposal until i read your last line. That sort of put of me off .... :g: ..

Social source share

Guest Antony Meijer

I actually read it wrong with my 1st post ... I thought you had a sag war fare and wanted a F .smogg :)

Don't think I could swap even if I was lucky to own a sag war fare :(

Good luck with this and please don't take Carms post too seriously ,she's really a nice lady with a sense of humour :)

I know, its a tough one.., you sort of need both to feel..."complete"?. But the FS is my spare so i feel a bit greedy holding on to two of those. I just want Carmen to know (and never forget) that she almost scored my FS and then ruined it by running her mouth!.

Social source share

Me and my big mouth frusty2.gif thanks for your kind words Nev , Nige has told me after having it a bloody fornight that he has a CD from you to me .... can't believe he has only just remembered he has got it , and he still has it in Stafford !

Antony I hope you have sucess in getting your record.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
Guest Antony Meijer

Thanks to all, for the effort. I have resolved my problem. Unfortunately it has cost me hard cash instead of my FS. but perhaps i'll offer that for trade again soon enough.., Best and have a lovely weekend

Social source share

Thanks to all, for the effort. I have resolved my problem. Unfortunately it has cost me hard cash instead of my FS. but perhaps i'll offer that for trade again soon enough.., Best and have a lovely weekend

Big thanks for sharing that info with us Antony ...

really pleased it was you who won the ebay copy ....a lot of overseas bidders left it alone when the seller insisted on putting full value on the package :ohmy:

That makes it the most expensive copy ever :yes:

Social source share

Guest Antony Meijer

Big thanks for sharing that info with us Antony ...

really pleased it was you who won the ebay copy ....a lot of overseas bidders left it alone when the seller insisted on putting full value on the package :ohmy:

That makes it the most expensive copy ever :yes:

Pleasure. I had it shipped to Miami. They repack, neutralize and forward so i wont pay taxes, It cost me dearly enough.., Bidding that much is usually a combination of impatience and stupidity.. and unfortunately i am aware but not in always in control. Still, no risk, no fun. But i'll be happy when it arrives..in one piece..

Social source share

Pleasure. I had it shipped to Miami. They repack, neutralize and forward so i wont pay taxes, It cost me dearly enough.., Bidding that much is usually a combination of impatience and stupidity.. and unfortunately i am aware but not in always in control. Still, no risk, no fun. But i'll be happy when it arrives..in one piece..

Well done mate. It's a nice record to have won.

:thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest Antony Meijer

Well done mate. It's a nice record to have won.

:thumbsup:

Thanks mate, When i played the sag war fare to my wife yesterday her face dropped with disgust, i think the noise and crackle of the vinyl put her off immediately...., she replied by playing me Alex Clare - Too Close...., You cant have it all can you......,

Social source share

Thanks mate, When i played the sag war fare to my wife yesterday her face dropped with disgust, i think the noise and crackle of the vinyl put her off immediately...., she replied by playing me Alex Clare - Too Close...., You cant have it all can you......,

Noise and crackle or did you mean noise and cackle when they go into the rap .lol

Good on you for the smart move shipping it to Miami ...almost like a home coming for the 45 eh :)

But seriously it did look like one of the best ever copies that's turned up so far ,can't believe it plays with crackle :(

Social source share

sniping instead of bidding early removes a lot of the impatience and stupidity from the equation

what does "neutralize"ing the record mean?

@Steve, I never knew the SAG thing, thanks for the info

Social source share

Here's my little addition, spoke to the daughter of the guy behind the record. He died a long time ago, his wife continued to live in the house for many years after, when she died the house was cleared and sold and anything to do with her fathers music business was thrown in a dumpster. I asked if she knew any of the other people involved in the group or if there were any other family members around that still might have a copy of the records, the reply was no.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

sniping instead of bidding early removes a lot of the impatience and stupidity from the equation

what does "neutralize"ing the record mean?

@Steve, I never knew the SAG thing, thanks for the info

Bob ... i would assume he means remove the customs packaging and info that was put on the parcel so the value info is no longer there :wicked:

We should all have a pen friend in the USA who will be happy to provide this service :)

Social source share

Bob ... i would assume he means remove the customs packaging and info that was put on the parcel so the value info is no longer there :wicked:

We should all have a pen friend in the USA who will be happy to provide this service :)

Nev , just let me know if you're still interested to buy my copy for 10000 £....... :lol:
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

which is fine just as long as the buyer doesn't need to claim for a lost parcel......:g: Let's hope not.

This side was always rare - paid 300 for mine in 1997/8 ish I think at Victoria Record Fair. Boy there were some good records there.

Social source share

which is fine just as long as the buyer doesn't need to claim for a lost parcel...... :g: Let's hope not.

This side was always rare - paid 300 for mine in 1997/8 ish I think at Victoria Record Fair. Boy there were some good records there.

i remember them fairs Steve,found some great records there especially in the pop/rock section downstairs lol.Got a feeling i was offered that record,turned it down cos of the band title sounded pants/ like a rock record lol. :ohmy: Was the seller from Herts??

Social source share

i remember them fairs Steve,found some great records there especially in the pop/rock section downstairs lol.Got a feeling i was offered that record,turned it down cos of the band title sounded pants/ like a rock record lol. :ohmy: Was the seller from Herts??

Lol ...another one of your Doh ! Moments eh ;)

• Helpful 1
Social source share

No Wayne sorry, it was in a "special" Soul Bowl box. :lol:

In all honesty I actually bought it for the slower side.

Social source share

No Wayne sorry, it was in a "special" Soul Bowl box. :lol:

In all honesty I actually bought it for the slower side.

So was a `done deal` before you got there :lol::thumbup: . I used to buy off John there,was always interested in the `special` sales box lol. looks like there may have been 2 copies at Victoria :shhh: unless John got it in a trade?

Social source share

Sorry Steve, the one I was Talking about came fom Mike of St Albans. I can't remember if he actually had the record with him or knew where he could get hold of a copy.I just blanked it cos of artist. Name , kinda had more important things on me mind at time( see previous post with Nev) . Fair play you got this and F: Smog.

Social source share

I still find it hard to believe anyone would pay $300 let alone £300 for a copy of sag war fare in 1978 ?

I recall just recent post by Mark Dobson regarding the William Cummings 45 ,being so cheap cos it wasn't the right tune back in the mid 70's ?

You must have had a very good job or crazy with money to spend that much on a tune that unless I'm mistaken wasn't en vogue until after 2000 at the earliest ??

Social source share

Guest Antony Meijer

Noise and crackle or did you mean noise and cackle when they go into the rap .lol

Good on you for the smart move shipping it to Miami ...almost like a home coming for the 45 eh :)

But seriously it did look like one of the best ever copies that's turned up so far ,can't believe it plays with crackle :(

I thought i would have caused that misunderstanding... I hope it is still finding its way to Miami Nev. It was that noisy, crackling and cackling youtube version that i played her.., She wasnt much impressed with the video either ;-) (neither was i with todays football i might add..) But it was a pleasure to read the entertaining discussion that followed below!))

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!