Fluorescent Smogg For Sag War Fare

Guest Antony Meijer

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 

Mike from St Albans? He wouldn't have known it Wayne, no way. Think you may be getting confused with another title - Sag war fare was an unknown at the time (97 ish).

Defo that track,maybe i got mixed up with year/Venue etc.He also found Save the youth-Mellow Madness cos he offered it to me cheap ,agreed the deal for only someone(who shall remain nameless lol) to offer more.Sell it to Keb years later and the rest is history.

Good news,i found his source for all them great records he was finding :wicked: .Cut the middle man out :shhh:

Social source share

Sorry Wayne, but I found Mike from St Albans to be a 'flake'. :yes:

He always said he had records, and whilst he clearly had some, he didn't have half the things he said he did. At one of Des T's record fairs early 2000s round the back of Kilburn (maybe when you saw him?) it got so bad, we started making up titles like the rare Ann Sexton record on Selma that kind of thing and he was saying yes he had them, or knew them.

In the end he let a number of people down with all this BS. I know this because I was still in St Albans then and I started to get calls from people asking if I had heard from him cos they'd sent money, and in one case could I pop round his gaff and get their money back etc.

As for Sag warfare apart from a review in an old Soul Essence programme probably for the slower side, I think Butch was the first person to play "Don't be so jive" out, I then heard Marco play it second.

Edited by Steve G
Social source share

He always said he had records, and whilst he clearly had some, he didn't have half the things he said he did. At one of Des T's record fairly early 2000s round the back of Kilburn (maybe when you saw him?) it got so bad, we started making up titles like the rare Ann Sexton record on Selma that kind of thing and he was saying yes he had them, or knew them.

In the end he let a number of people down with all this BS. I know this because I was still in St Albans then and I started to get calls from people asking if I had heard from him cos they'd sent money, and in one case could I pop round his gaff and get their money back etc.

As for Sag warfare apart from a review in an old Soul Essence programme probably for the slower side, I think Butch was the first person to play "Don't be so jive" out, I then heard Marco play it second.

i agree he was a `billy Bull` character.He mugged me off on a couple deals,lucky i knew where he lived cos i used to take his missus home when she did work do`s in London .To be fair to him i got reimbursed unlike some others.

Meet the guy where Mike was getting some of the big titles and believe me Sag war fare would have been in there.Maybe the contact didn`t let that title go cos he only had 1 copy.Contact used to buy doubles when he went to u.s back in early 80`s.Mike took a lot of his doubles,maybe he bluffed the one`s he could`t get off contact?I`ve had contact round my flat going throu my collection and only 2 records he didn`t know were New love ltd,Traces of Smoke.Think Mike got all his info from this guy.Trust me this guy was way ahead of most people in the uk.

And yes he still had a mint copy of F/smog,when i win the lotto,will be in touch with him :wicked:

Social source share

He always said he had records, and whilst he clearly had some, he didn't have half the things he said he did. At one of Des T's record fairly early 2000s round the back of Kilburn (maybe when you saw him?) it got so bad, we started making up titles like the rare Ann Sexton record on Selma that kind of thing and he was saying yes he had them, or knew them.

Social source share

Social source share

Also got a review in rare record review by Tim, early 2002 I think and had it on the front cover amongst others.

Hope your well mate.

Andy.

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Antony Meijer

Just to ease any worries regarding the shipping risks from the US through a "designated carrier", the record arrived safe and sound and no taxes are due. In addition it is in better condition than i could have wished for. certainly close to nm and practically unplayed :thumbup: . Makes me relieved and satisfied :D. Now just looking forward to listening to this baby. Best to all,. take care and thanks for the interest.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!